Mangrove Jack Growout

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Great fish, thanks for sharing. There are some good mangrove jack videos on you tube to give you an idea what you're in store for as it gets bigger. Yours is tiny at the minute. The best advice I can give you is.......watch your fingers!! Lol.

Reactions: Berts46ers

Berts46ers

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2018
NSW
Great fish, thanks for sharing. There are some good mangrove jack videos on you tube to give you an idea what you're in store for as it gets bigger. Yours is tiny at the minute. The best advice I can give you is.......watch your fingers!! Lol.

Glad some others are enjoying the thread.
Yeah I have seen all the videos on YouTube haha. There are some monsters out there.
Will be a fun journey for sure.

Reactions: esoxlucius

Berts46ers

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2018
NSW
IMG_3072.jpegIMG_3070.jpeg
Finished the house renovations so I was able to move Terry’s tank back into our living room.
He seems to enjoy the movement and interaction with us a lot more then being in a room where he was only seen twice a day or so, and I definitely enjoy it a lot more too.

His eyes have not fully gotten better though which is a bit of a bummer. Never quite sure what caused It. Stress or maybe I did not have salt mixed enough one time during a water change…will never know I guess
His vision seems fine, his left eye is the worst affected. Still has a noticeable spot on it.

Still smashing food. Prawns and pieces of Pilchard are the favourites lately. Gone off squid a little bit.
Measured him again when moving between tanks. Just a smidge under 9” long.
Still doing water changes twice a week, nitrates are about 5. SG 1.008

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
What a great thread I loved reading that and my heart sunk when I read about the bits of wood as I feared the worst.

He's a lovely fish and I look forward to more updates in the future

Reactions: Berts46ers

Berts46ers

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2018
NSW
What a great thread I loved reading that and my heart sunk when I read about the bits of wood as I feared the worst.

He's a lovely fish and I look forward to more updates in the future
Thanks for your kind words.
The wood stuck in him was definitely strange! Luckily it all came good on its own.

Cheers.

Reactions: Simonas
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store