Mega Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover - DIY!

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Zennz what's the temp in that pond of yours? I'm surprised you don't have any cats in there.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
cvermeulen;2414289; said:
Zennz what's the temp in that pond of yours? I'm surprised you don't have any cats in there.
56.5f As far as cats, most people in the neighborhood keep their animals pretty much inside...very rarely do you even see cats out roaming around here...the pool has a softside, so footing isnt so steady, that and the fact that its 30" deep and the fish pretty much stay at the bottom around the edge. It is also lays undercut so even from the side you have to lean way over to see the fish if they are on the same side...
Hard to tell from the pics because the water is so clear, but they are 30" down at the bottom...

SantaMonica;2414323; said:
Please explain?...LOL

SantaMonica

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2008
Santa Monica, CA, USA
Ok here is a directory template; If you would like to be listed as a scrubber builder, copy and paste the below info into a PM to me (do not post it here on the thread). I'll compile it from there...

Location (fill in)

State:
City:

Material that the builder has worked with (delete the rest)

PVC
Plastic
Acrylic
Glass

Components that the builder has built (delete the rest)

Pipe
Screen
Frame for floppy screens
Bucket for screen
Box for screen
Sumps/Fuges with Scrubbers
HOB Scrubbers
HOT Scrubbers
LED Scrubbers

Misc (fill in)

Turn-around-time:
Price range:
Experience (number of scrubbers built):
Guarantees (if any):
Customer help after the sale:
References:
Misc items available (pump, timer, fan, unions, clips, etc):
Example drawings available:
How large/small can builder handle:

Contact (fill in)

Phone:
Email:
Personal or Business Website:
Forum Username:
Forum Website:

D-007

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
USA
SantaMonica;2406247; said:
Zen you might have the first success FW success story :)
Have other freshwater attempts/tests been failures? I see a lot of SW success posts but apart from zennzzo's pond I haven't seen any other FW ones? Particularly have not seen any FW tank results.

D-007

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
USA
Understood. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the idea; in fact I'm quite impressed with what I have seen and read so far. Just being cautious before I decide to try it myself :).

That is also cool that there are other FW tests going on, I look forward with great anticipation to their results :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store