My 180 Gal Brackish Tank

brackishdude

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
insideout
fugupuff;3716616; said:
i've seen a few more photos of these fish floating around, confirming the fact that they exist, just not sure when or how we're going to get some in the U.S. :(

You are the closest thing I have to a resident expert on such things, so I defer to your expertise. Now you just need to find me one. . . or three!!!

As long as I'm wishing, how about another polyuranodon/giraffe eel, or any other super cool exotic wonder? You've been good to me over the years!

12V, I run from 1.003 to 1.008.

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
This is amazing! Are those plants live?

jack-knife

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2009
Underwater
Good looking tank!
:D :D

brackishdude

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
insideout
A pic of the sump, keeping the garage air well filtered.

A 30 sec movie on photobucket

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j247/alauve/?action=view&current=MVI_5107.flv

I bought some aragonite sand today for pH reasons. I've noticed that if I go too long between wate changes, it can fall to as low as 7.6ish, with the tap being about 8.3. I am hoping that replacing 50# or so of the silica sand will help some with buffering.

brackishdude

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
insideout
Wow, I've had the glass sump for over a year!! I've made piddlin' progress, including the filter bag box slash drip plate box, and I've got all the plumbing, I think. I need to have the glass lids cut for each chamber, then set aside a day to put it in.

This is what happens when your "stop gap" solution is, just barely, good enough to get the job done.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
wow i just went through a 11 page thread
and brackishdude hats off to you

The last time i went brackish i took a hit, lost all my toads as well as a few indian toxotes, and got out of brackish and converted that tank to fresh, but after this thread i feel like i wanna do it again and this time may be i might be able to get it better

great thread and great set of fish, and a lot of commitment there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store