MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
scalesandfins;4439937; said:
dang!!! thats a good deal!
why did you sell your 400?
do you have any cichla babies?
Na, I think he went to plants :screwy:

I'm sure it will be a nice monster plant tank.................

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
Egon;4441051; said:
Na, I think he went to plants :screwy:

I'm sure it will be a nice monster plant tank.................
:ROFL:i hear that kelp is a real fast growing monster. or maybe a venus fly trap if you want somethin with teeth :D
but j i got a simalar deal, my friend just dropped off a few old 20 gal with a bunch of junk he doesnt want in one was about 2 lbs of cell pore blocks :D can you say score! i also tested my water after not doing a wc in 3 weeks.....zeros all the way across... well there was a little nitrite or trate i forgot which one but that is fine. it was less than .5 and thats before the cellpore all scrubbies :D
long live scrubbies!
i had massive bb colonies on them when i took them out to put the cellpore in, it was awesome to see how they grew

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
yeah i got bored of monster tanks/fish. planted tanks are much cooler anyways :naughty:

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
jcardona1;4449665; said:
yeah i got bored of monster tanks/fish. planted tanks are much cooler anyways :naughty:
ha to each his own.....i guess :screwy: ;)
i will stick with my monsters for now. why not both?

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
scalesandfins;4449674;4449674 said:
ha to each his own.....i guess :screwy: ;)
i will stick with my monsters for now. why not both?
no time and money, my planted tank takes up enough of both of those! got almost $2k invested in my 57g :eek:

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:..........
2.......k.......as in thousand? jeeeezzzz
you are dedicated man. i wish i had that kind of fish funds :D there is no telling what me and my fiance would have set up

indiana hurricane

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
Indianapolis
Do the scrubbies replace the boi balls that you can get at the LFS? Is it cause of cost or do the scrubbies work better?

elting44

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2007
Salina, KS
Great thread, I will be following this design for my 30g sump on my 135g tank.

Quick noob question. How do you govern the amount of water in the bio-media and return pump chambers. I know that you want 2/3 of the bio media above the water level, how do you control that? The height of the last baffle?

I am new to sumps, thanks for the help!

Also, I will have 2 1" durso type overflows that are rated around 600 gph each, and I going to be using a pump that is rated for 800 gph @ 5' of head in case you need that info. I plan on using 3/4" PVC on the return plumbing. Will I lose performance from my pump when I split the return plumbing to go to both of my returns? ie will it still be moving 800 gph?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store