Please post all your wolffish here...any type also can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambo85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
My own happy little world
just thought i would share some pics of my Mala. I bought him at about 5" and he is between 11-12" now after about 4 months. He hates me, the camera, the bogwood, he bites the plants and is always grumpy.

DSCF0509.JPG

DSCF0513.JPG

DSCF0514.JPG

DSCF0515.JPG

Rambo85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Mudfrog;2552343; said:
6-7" of growth in 4 months :eek:

That's insane
He / she?! is the greediest fish i have ever owned. Can't get enough of snelt fish (spiked with hikari sinking pellet) and prawns (also spiked). I have been feeding him everyday almost without fail but i intend to slow down this feeding regime as it is not very natural IMO.

There is a video i posted somewhere on here when i got him when he was 5" - he was quiet and just kept himself to himself back then and used to get hassle from my pike. Times have changed!!!

The speed of growth had me worried / excited i may have an aimira before i knew any better. One day i will have an Aimira and have room to keep it!

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
It's a great wolf!

Mine has had fairly slow growth and he doesn't have much of an appetite either. Well at least not while I'm around the tank. I'll drop in some shrimp and it will be gone the next morning but he never charges after it like he used to.

And I'm there with you on the Aimara.. my dream fish.

Rambo85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Mudfrog;2552535; said:
It's a great wolf!

Mine has had fairly slow growth and he doesn't have much of an appetite either. Well at least not while I'm around the tank. I'll drop in some shrimp and it will be gone the next morning but he never charges after it like he used to.

And I'm there with you on the Aimara.. my dream fish.
You should starve him for a week or 2 and then feed him (i wave the fish or prawns over his nose with a grasper thing) he strikes every time.

He was never as aggressive as he is now though - his aggro has grown with his teeth!

One day i will have an aimira - one day!!!!:naughty: I have an aimira fund where bonus' from work go into it......

Tigriuns™

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
Singapore
Rambo85;2552571; said:
You should starve him for a week or 2 and then feed him (i wave the fish or prawns over his nose with a grasper thing) he strikes every time.

He was never as aggressive as he is now though - his aggro has grown with his teeth!

One day i will have an aimira - one day!!!!:naughty: I have an aimira fund where bonus' from work go into it......
My dream fish too. With BIG pad lock to lock the top cabinet cover. 1st to stop the monster from jumping out, 2nd to stop anyone from opening it might be too dangerous. Haha

Anyone think it is dangerous?? Or it just me?

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
Rambo85;2552571; said:

What size tank is yours in? There aggression usually goes through the roof once they hit 12" or so, sounds like your right on mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store