Please post all your wolffish here...any type also can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambo85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
My own happy little world
Mudfrog;2552657; said:
What size tank is yours in? There aggression usually goes through the roof once they hit 12" or so, sounds like your right on mark.
In a 75g wide with heavy filtration. I'm not sure whether he will be ok here for life but i am always willing to upgrade (excelent excuse to tell the missus of why i need a bigger tank).

His aggro started to really kick in at 9" for me but has increased ever since.

Rambo85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Tigriuns™;2552598; said:
My dream fish too. With BIG pad lock to lock the top cabinet cover. 1st to stop the monster from jumping out, 2nd to stop anyone from opening it might be too dangerous. Haha

Anyone think it is dangerous?? Or it just me?
The danger is part of the fun for me, plus i see the pinacle of fish keeping as being able to keep a serious, dangerous predator in a suitable tank and keep it healthy. just MO.

Rambo85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Mudfrog;2552702; said:
I keep mine in a 50g breeder. It's got the footprint of a 75 but only 13" tall. It's way over filtered but he's very very messy. I'm running one AC110 and one AC70 on the 50g tank :D
Sounds like a sweet setup. Do you think you will upgrade the tank in time or will he be ok in there for life? I also find that my wolf fish is more aggressive after i feed live. I only do it once a month and only with fish i have bred myself (usually Kribensis). Maybe it triggers their natural aggro behaviour in the fish?!:)

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
Mine will not eat live fish. I keep a 4" male Convict with him and the first night I put the Convict in his tank he attacked the Convict hard. I thought it was going to die but the wolf left it alone after 2 strikes and it's healed up nicely. Now the wolf doesn't even pay attention to him.

I guess he would probably eat live if I didn't feed him every day but to be honest I don't mind that he will eat pellets as well as shrimp and other prepared foods.

I actually have a 120g 4x2x2 that I plan on keeping him in for pretty much life. Since he is so passive atm I plan on trying him with my red wolf fish and bichirs as well. I won't keep him like this permanently but I want to condense down from 3 tanks to 2 for a while. We'll see how that goes.

Rambo85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Mudfrog;2552776; said:
Mine will not eat live fish. I keep a 4" male Convict with him and the first night I put the Convict in his tank he attacked the Convict hard. I thought it was going to die but the wolf left it alone after 2 strikes and it's healed up nicely. Now the wolf doesn't even pay attention to him.

I guess he would probably eat live if I didn't feed him every day but to be honest I don't mind that he will eat pellets as well as shrimp and other prepared foods.

I actually have a 120g 4x2x2 that I plan on keeping him in for pretty much life. Since he is so passive atm I plan on trying him with my red wolf fish and bichirs as well. I won't keep him like this permanently but I want to condense down from 3 tanks to 2 for a while. We'll see how that goes.
If he is that passive you could be onto a winner - a wolf fish with tank mates! Part of me loves my wolfs aggro but it always seems a shame not to be able to keep some tank mates with him.

I would bet that your wolf will start getting much more aggressive as he grows....... especially if he is on his own at the minute!

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
He's shared the tank with the con for about 3 weeks now with no problems except at the very beginning. I'd love for my wolf to accept tankmates. I already have a Dovii that won't accept them so thats one large tank already used for a single species fish.

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
Here is a short little vid of mine..

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wlg7S36N4dQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wlg7S36N4dQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store