R1_Ridah

In Loving Memory
Apr 4, 2005
WEST COAST
Bonzo;4589886; said:
Sweet Altums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks

3dees;4589955; said:
beautiful fish in a beautiful tank. I wanted one of those backgrounds for my 120 gal. but was a bit worried about them collecting crap behind it. does the front have to be cleaned of algae? I would love to get a few Altum's but I'm just too scared thay would carry something and my wild discus are just too special to me. again, wonderful set up. you should be proud.

Thanks, I haven't experienced any issues with algae yet. As for the crap the crap the builds behind it, I just put a power head in the back on one side and have it on a timer. When my lights go on so does the power head. It blows everything that builds up to one side then I just siphon it out. Not an issue.

I was fortunate to find the Altums from people who's had them for sometime. So they were already pretty acclimated. They are really hardy and enjoyable to watch.

cheeseb0y

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2006
Indiana, USA
I would much appreciate pics of the Geos, or, if you've already posted such, links to the threads they're in.

Thanks!

Tank looks amazing.

jiapei

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2007
R1_Ridah;4569480; said:
I just re-read your question. Do you mean my old Cichla's? Long gone....sold my 600 tank sometime ago.

If you mean my small Bahias, they are fine with the Discus =-)
:cry:ye..I was away from the forum a long time so dont know you sold them..really a pity. some lucky guy got all the treasure?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
You'll monsterize again.

It is inescapable.

DaveB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Miami
Holy crap. Can't believe I never saw this til now. Awesome tank. Awesome background. Awesome fish. Awesome photos. Wow.

Where'd you get that background, and how far out from the back is it at that farthest center point?? What light do you have over it in the center there? A 36" bulb? I love leaving part of the tank unlit like that. It's what I do in my 6 footer, but my 48" bulb looks quite a bit wider than yours.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store