shopping; Ewurm, Rallysb1tch, JD_man, and Rallysman style (HUGE load warning!)

dbcb314

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Tallahassee
When you say marion do you mean the county or actual marion...

just making sure...

I went to Uncle Bills in Greenwood earlier this year. Prices were kinda high but my roomate did get a silver arro there and it was nice and healthy. People that worked there were kind of dicks though. We (well he) called ahead to check the price for the arro and they told him one price, but when we got there the price was different (a lot higher)... but we drove an hour to get the arro so we just got it.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Lupin;1043362; said:
Maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions with the kind of economy we have.:D
That's thanks to high demand probably. There are a lot of Sandwich artists who buy a walmart tank and kill fish on a weekly basis.

Brett: You're gonna blow it up. Keep it under 8K. LOL

AHoskins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
Indianapolis
dbcb314;1043589; said:
When you say marion do you mean the county or actual marion...

just making sure...

I went to Uncle Bills in Greenwood earlier this year. Prices were kinda high but my roomate did get a silver arro there and it was nice and healthy. People that worked there were kind of dicks though. We (well he) called ahead to check the price for the arro and they told him one price, but when we got there the price was different (a lot higher)... but we drove an hour to get the arro so we just got it.
Actual Marion. Uncle Bills in Greenwood has become a place I very rarely go to anymore. Alot of the people seem to not know much in the fish section and the tanks always have dead fish. The other day there was a dead fish on the ground in front of the tanks which looked like it had been there for quite some time, squished and all.

I myself am going to check out the Pet Island on W Washington today then maybe the Uncle Bills on E Washington.

AHoskins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
Indianapolis
Went to Pet Island and Pet Corral (S. Keystone) today.

Pet Island's tanks looked to be in bad shape, but the fish seemed alright. They did have a L046 for sale as well as some other plecos that were really nice and kept with the discus. I also may go back and pick up some Apistos.

Onto Pet Corral. I have to say every time I've been here the tanks were nasty looking. They did seem to have different varieties of fish, but I can't say they all looked healthy. Today I seen the Peacock bass they had for $8.99 and it looked like this: (Bad cell pic)

Plus many of the other tanks had dead fish covered in snails. Overall if you may be able to find something nice, but be prepared to quarantine and nurse it back to good health.

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
JD_MAN;1043481; said:
Which one is that?
Greentree pet center in Clarksville IN. Just North of the Ohio border. Impossible to leave without spending money.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
AHoskins;1044074; said:
Went to Pet Island and Pet Corral (S. Keystone) today.

Pet Island's tanks looked to be in bad shape, but the fish seemed alright. They did have a L046 for sale as well as some other plecos that were really nice and kept with the discus. I also may go back and pick up some Apistos.

Onto Pet Corral. I have to say every time I've been here the tanks were nasty looking. They did seem to have different varieties of fish, but I can't say they all looked healthy. Today I seen the Peacock bass they had for $8.99 and it looked like this: (Bad cell pic)

Plus many of the other tanks had dead fish covered in snails. Overall if you may be able to find something nice, but be prepared to quarantine and nurse it back to good health.
EW!!!!! Thanks for the heads up though
loach43;1045116; said:
Greentree pet center in Clarksville IN. Just North of the Ohio border. Impossible to leave without spending money.
I need to check that out!

AHoskins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
Indianapolis
loach43;1045116; said:
Did you go down with the CCAC?

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
AHoskins;1045480; said:
Did you go down with the CCAC?
No, I missed that one:( Too bad because word has it that there was a nice selection of plecos that day.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
most of the plecos and other fish at Pet Island are breed just south of Indy in Franklin and the "New" Owners House. He was an importer from Minnesota and just bought the place... the tanks were in terrible shape before he came along. I do not think that they can be saved... but I know he breeds all kinds of plecos.... I believe he is a member of the CCAC

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
loach43;1045116; said:
You mean just north of Kentucky. I frequent that place often and have made some AWESOME scores there!

They recently had a monster 8-10" P. Caribe for $30 and a monster 8" S. Rhom for $30! :WHOA:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store