shopping; Ewurm, Rallysb1tch, JD_man, and Rallysman style (HUGE load warning!)

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
wow..
old thread.LOL.
awesome tour guys and gal.
maybe i should take some pics when i go around the lfs in singapore.
here we have a WIDE selection.and asian aros. :D
but i dont know of any lfs here that keeps the tanks as well as in the US.
most of the tanks here are crowded,no decor and badly filtered.

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
Old or not...Totally awesome thread. My house contains more than my LFS's :(

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Update.... Angel's and More is no more.

I went to 33 aquariums. The store looks a lot nicer. Prices have gone up a lot, and they had less of a variety Perhaps it was a bad day.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Updates in Bold... Will remove these guys as time goes on

Muncie, Indiana

Angels and More
Great store with great quality... It is small but sells used tanks and a variety of fish. Use to breed angels, still carries some of those from his old breeders he sold... also starting to raise sea horses... updated store setup Closed (well only doing salt and on private consult)

Dip Net
just resold, prices have risen and selection is not as good as before. Prices are still pretty low, but doubt you will find anything uncommon. No longer get angels from local breeder (lot more africans now)

GM Pet and Garden

Fish selection is horrible and fish look sick. Have yet to get a fish that will live long... never buy but still visit to see if it improves... will update if it does...

Have visited almost all others left in Muncie... Not worth going to or looking at depressing to go into them and see fish...

Indianapolis (will mention the ones I visit often)

South Keystone Pet Coral
small selection, but worth a look, can find great buys for the price now and again...since those pic were taken the store has gotten smaller

The Reef
Nice store, prices are high, but great selection uses multiple distributors... best place for peacocks in the area, can get babies 99% males by the species not in a mixed tank, best selection on Tangs in area... again high prices, have updated store and tanks since pictures were taken Have a special buy 50 gift card for 25 bucks

Fish Bowl
nasty store, not best area in town, after that fish are not best quality prices are about the same as other stores... sell lots of dyed fish and tattooed fish...

Uncle Bills
All the same okay selection, but often over priced...

Speck's pet supply
short supply, but good fish okay prices, some high others low... not all stores have fish... Moved Greenwood store. Nice new setups, more local breeders stuff.

PetIsland
horrible store... but just sold to new owner heard it is getting better will visit and update... check it out let me know...

Pet Safari
DL is that it is owned by Uncle Bill's owner and former manager... way over priced, lots of fish, but few different types... CLOSED

Beech Grove Pet Store

Newer store. Will trade with local breeders. Decent prices, quality fish from time to time.

New Pal Pet Store

Nice shop, fair prices. However they love JDMAN too much!

Ft. Wayne

33 Aquariums
Off US-33. Nice place (still has construction traffic) Great selections of all types of fish. Prices are fair.
I have visited many others but not much to say, please add your thoughts Hoosiers... add some from other parts of indiana

NotoriousSway

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Muncie, IN
I agree completely on these Muncie stores....

Angels and More
I sad to see them close, they took great care of their fish and had a good selection. I guess they just didn't get enough business.

Dip Net
They seem to have healthy fish and I have seen a few oddballs, they can also order fish at your request. Unforchantly they don't seem to know much about fish other than taking care of them.

GM Pet and Garden
I can't speak on their saltwater but their freshwater section is full of dead and dying fish. I every time in the past I have bought from them the fish usually ends up dying and has given my fish ick! I know to quarantine fish now. I wouldn't recommend buying from here.

Mcdonalds Pets AKA The Purple Hippo
This place would make a animal lover cry. It looks bad, it smell bad, it just really bad. I don't know how this place is still open. Please do your self a favor and don't go here.

is there any other places in Muncie I don't know about?

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
WildCAught;2487302; said:
That's pretty cool you guys are doing that for your LFS'. We need to do one for SoCal.
When I saw this awesome thread back in the day, I was inspired to do one.

I've talked to FishGoneWild about it, but our schedules don't seem to match up.

I'm down to do it still, if anyone local wants to join, hit me up, we'll talk details. it will have to wait till after the holiday season though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store