Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

artemis1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2007
wiscawwnsin
I used to have a bunch of Africans, now I only have two, a butti and a labeotropheus fulleborni. (sorry, no pics of the butti)

RonTheRHOM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2007
UK
Here are my Malawi's i had before i got rid of them and got my Rhom.
Some of the pics are quite bad quality but still good to show

These are old pics, they grew ALOT bigger before i got rid of them. The male eyebiter was huge and his colours were gorgeous, i got full whack for him at my LFS, when they usually only give a third of their value.

Mother and fry, yellow lab. After successful breeding

ziggy2

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
IL
I need to update some of my pictures but here are a couple. All my Africans are still young. Many have not colored up yet.

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Ok so I was feeding my grow out, and well I had to take some shots. Sadly they didn't come out as well as I hoped, but the male electra is just stunning. His black strips are twice as dark as normal. Though the female doesn't seem to care. (I haven't seen much dancing going around, eh I will give them time.) Oh so I think I am going to be adding about 3 more 55s soon, though I haven't decided if I will just make them breeder tanks or what. And I will be adding some 20 longs for growouts and my apisto collection that will be growing. (I had 3 pairs, but 1 set died, I learned the hard way not to feed blood worms...)

Ok so now some photos

Electra:

Oh and I tried taking some shots of my 135, color is going all around again. (Guess who has decided he will be new top dog...) Anyways if you don't know what this guy is I will soon be doing the vid update on him. I think I showed some of him when he wasn't showing any color but now you can get a glimpse of what he will be like:

(Sadly I missed an amazing shot, but eh it will come again.)

Oh and my Phenochilus Tanzania got in the way so I took a shot of him. Then my camera died so I didn't quite get the traditional 100 or so shots to pick the best ones from... (I do love digital in that way, ie I can take all I want.)

ziggy2

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
IL
Well I said I would get some updated shots, but they sure didn't come out as well as I had hoped. Here are some I can share.

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Heres a few pics from tonight.. babies are growing..if you look close you may also see 5 red fin kandangos among the venustus and a couple other pics.

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
So some of my fish are really starting to show new color... The problem is that they aren't leting me take pictures of them. (I took ~96 shots and not a single one was good of the ones I wanted to show.)

So here are some decent shots, I haven't done anything to the pictures, hence too dark for some, etc. But I like most of them. (Does anyone have any good tricks for the Placidochromis sp. "Phenochilus Tanzania", aka Star Sapphire. My flash just washes him out.)

Eh anyways enjoy.

Eh I will get better pictures when I get the time. But these are decent enough.

Oh and just fyi. I have sort of been absent since after passing my quals I sort of picked up a few games... and they sort of sucked me in... (I hadn't played any for about a year really.)

liberator177

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
michigan
heres is my cichlid that is holding eggs what type is it?
fish 052.jpg

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Here is one of my zebra blue OB babies.. growing up now!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store