Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Robertshadow;1790317; said:
thanks, that fish is a Fire eel, it's long lol. My giant yellow lab is in my "ugly tank" lol, I really need to do something about that tank, the weird background and decor looks sily lol.
i have a tank with african cichlids that has marine background.. too hard to change it so i added alot of plants and cannot see the back ground anymore..thats what that fish is..fire eel ..he is awesome.. and your chubby lab is awesome too.. ;)

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Robertshadow;1790590; said:
Thanks lol, I have one chuby in every tank. Big yellow is by far the biggest.
nothing hurts me more then to go into a lfs and see sucken in bellies.. so horrible i cannot stand it.. so chubby is okay with me.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Chaitika;1805203; said:
They almost were wen I sold them. I got too good of an offer to pass on.
You have some really beautiful high quality pics of some high quality beautiful fish.

Chaitika

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
Back in action!
Thanks, Liz & Mike. Mike, i was keeping 5 colonies of Tropheus and sold 3 groups to make room for other fish that would allow me to expand my photo hobby. Here's someone from Malawi. A. Baenschi.

jan16benga2.jpg

jan17benga1.jpg

jan17benga2.jpg

Chaitika

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
Back in action!
Ps. Polit. Scrappy little mbuna. You can see he's missing good chunks of his lips from constant jawlocking in the first pic. It's funny though how none of the males were killed. They just scrapped a lot. :D

dec31polit.jpg

jan16polit1.jpg

nov16polit1.jpg

nov16polit2.jpg

nov17polit1.jpg

nov17polit3.jpg

etcbrown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
Idaho
Gerry,

I have a colony of polits and the two males definitely fight with each other more than most mbuna. I have never seen mbuna that will fight for 20-30 minutes straight then the same one always loses..... yet he comes back for more again and again. They don't seem to be doing much damage except the scraped up lips though.

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
So I tired geting a good shot of my lwanda male. He is looking great. But sadly he doesn't like the camera. While doing that I got some other good shots off though. (Sadly I didn't clean the tank well enough before hand so some shots aren't quite nice enough.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store