Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
your fish get more and more beautiful and breathtaking every new time i see them...looking extremely stunning.....:woot:

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Thanks for the compliments. I am going up to DC on Monday for 9 days so lets hope all the fish stay well. (The last trip I took I lost ~6 fish, sadly 4 were EBJD).

The only annoying part about the 250 is that my albino T.R. lost almost all his color. I hope he gets it back soon but I may just end up pulling him if he keeps so subdued. (Almost all the other guys have gained color since the move.)

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
ikevi;1821993; said:
Thanks for the compliments. I am going up to DC on Monday for 9 days so lets hope all the fish stay well. (The last trip I took I lost ~6 fish, sadly 4 were EBJD).

The only annoying part about the 250 is that my albino T.R. lost almost all his color. I hope he gets it back soon but I may just end up pulling him if he keeps so subdued. (Almost all the other guys have gained color since the move.)
wow yes 9 days i hope you have fun but that all goes well with your guys.. they are a great improvement since your move.. they have settled in a you can see their healthy in the pics... one a little subdued is okay... i always think if something happen to the other guy he would be the replacement... with all that color i am sure you can over look him :D

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
gorgeous pictures and gorgeous fish!

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
kmiii1;1845124; said:
Here are my few...

thank you ..beautiful sweet fish and pictures..

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
kmiii1;1845188; said:
Thanks. They killed the smaller yellow lab in the first picture last week. It's now 1 yellow lab and 3 neolamprologus tetracanthus... These guys are here in my office. I want a large tank for home that I can raise a good community in... I also yearn for a camera that will give me f22 with a nice macro. I took these with my Canon A720IS point and shoot on manual focus in Aperture priority maxed out at f8.0. Can't beat this little camera for under $200 with a 4gb SDHC card...
i have a canon power shot s5is with DSL settings and i use the point and shoot all the time.. if you know all the settings and for manual thats great..i read the book and go :nilly::nilly::confused::confused:and then put it back on automatic.. beautiful fish, that happens once in awhile when you get a timid lab.. then they all seem to kill it from stress. :( great pics.. if you know what i should set my camera on let me know!!

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
kmiii1;1845563; said:
I looked up your camera and it looks quite nice, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have a manual focus available and the maximum aperture is f3.5, so your depth of field is pretty narrow for the focus. One of the big reasons that the other pictures in here look so spectacular is that their camera and lens combinations allow their sharp focal range to fall within a 3-4 inch tolerance while mine is about an inch and yours is more like half an inch. A narrow focal depth of field makes getting sharp pictures very iffy on a moving target.
I would say your best bet is to use a tripod, keep your flash at an angle to the glass so you don't get a reflection and set your timer to 2 seconds or so. Then just take lots and lots of pictures and post the ones that come out sharp... digital film is cheap and with rechargeable batteries and time on your hands, it costs next to nothing to take thousands of pics for those couple of special ones...

My 2 cents...
is great info.. thanks very much...what do you think about getting added lense and or flash attachment..do you think that would make a differnce ..my camera costs me almost $400 and i just got it so i am not ready to toss it in.. but if i added to it might make a difference... i will definitly try using the tripod more and ..i do take lots and lots of pictures haha.. only a few are seen..:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store