THE DEAD FISH THREAD!!!!!

dpk2313

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2009
ohio
the box on page 57 is depressing i have almost all of those fish right now i would hate to loose them
jjust lost my 8" jurensey miss it Im about to buy anew one soon tho

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
maclak5000;2434634; said:
When I moved last year I had to make a very hard decision. I new my 150g would be down for a month or two so I decided to sell back the majority of my Fish (Tanganyikans) to my LFS. I used to work for the guy so I know he would give me a good price and what not. So I packed them all up in 5 gallon pales and Rubbermaid totes. There were 11 fish in total, about 300$ - 400$ worth of fish (I got 160$), very nice fish most only a year or two old. So I dropped them off and they started to drip the fish to get them ready to go in there temp tank, I said my good byes and went home. A few days later I went back to check in on them and see if any of them got a nice new home. To my surprise they were all gone. So I asked one of the people that worked there and she said she was not sure but they must have been sold. I thought that was very fast to sell them all but they were really nice. About a week later I talked to the kid that dripped then and put them in the tank. He says to me did you hear, Hear what? All your fish you brought in died. I was like, WHAT!!!! So apparently the person that cleaned the tank that they put them in never labeled it still had bleach in it, after 4 hours of dripping they put them in an hour later all DEAD!!! So angry!!! The owner gave me a real good discount on the next fish I got so that was cool, and fired the person that didn’t label the tank.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNOoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :WHOA::WHOA::WHOA:

sometimes i really really really hate my employees!!!

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
Jeffish;2524056; said:
here are some dead fish from my work
my goodness thats a lot of yellow tangs

where do you work

thats a killer wipe out

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
I came home 2 weeks ago sat down an watched my living room tank that I have set up as a biotope of sorts with my baby arrow looking at the dissappearing tankmates and admiring the growth in the arrow

my kids came running up stairs screaming dad the gar is on the floor

so I went down hoping it had just jumped. But it was stiff as a piece of wood, my first jumper. Totally sucks I got it when it was 2 inches and it was 9 inches when it died wish i had found this thread ill have to photo any more when not if they happen

But man nothing compared to some of the losses ive seen on this thread

bonkoland666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
alabama
yeah i feel all your pain i had just gotten 2 4" redtail catfish a while back for 18 dollars combined my friend had given me a couple other bluechannel cats because he got rid of his tank next thing you know all my fish are floating at the top with the parasite ick all over there bodys. i had lost half of my comunity luckyly i saved my 2 channel cats (first fish i had ever had) from death :((

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
well had a massive dead fish happening the other night

did the wc on my 140 and filled it a bit to full came back to find this the next morning

2 bichir

peacock eel had doubled in size was 5 inch

this is my arrow who jumped earlier was 2 inch when got him

this sort of kinks my monster grow out program

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store