THE DEAD FISH THREAD!!!!!

iamzrad

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Southern Penn
Never thought I would be posting here. But an unexpected death has come.
Found my ruby green dead when I got in tonight. Fed the tank this morning, everything was fine, swimming all good, come home, gone.
Did not find any wounds, nothing. He was very healthy.
Ugh...

DEvinshteyn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2009
Staten Island
i don't have any photos but i feel your losses.... i not a major fish keeper, but i've had 3 gouramis die in a chain from fin rot, then be eaten by my goldfish (still alive, even though i won it at a carnival a year ago!!!) and had a sudden drop in ph killing my yellow tail loach, 2 butterfly koi, and 2 irridescant sharks

DEvinshteyn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2009
Staten Island
Hey I got a funny story for you! I had a 5-gallon tank in which i kept a sunny and a loach. I am retarded so i fed the sunny and loach only flakes. My sunny died and i went on summer vacation for 2 months. I turned off thee filter and completely ignored the tank. 75% of the water evaporated and when i came back the loach was still alive and perfectly healthy. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!?!?!?!

whereaminow?

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
So. Cal
Was out of town for the weekend and came home to find all my goldfish had a terrible case of ick. Lost my everything in the tank...

I'm really bummed, one of my favorite fish was my big pom pom oranda.

R.I.P. Stuish :cry:

MPLSdunk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2009
Minneapolis
i'm pissed, i had this decorus since 8th grade i'm 21 now. all of the sudden he gets some infection 4 days ago. i have never had an infection in any of my tanks in my life. i put salt, upped the temp and marecyn. nothing worked and it got worse. his skin looked like it was falling off or something but it looked like ich when it started. anyways heres the pics he was 9". i have no idea what caused this.

rdx1555

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2008
Arcadia, CA
Some of my jumpers. 1in square grid above so nothing big. Losing the 3in Jag kinda sucked. It was chased outta the 40 long growout by a 4in red devil.

DSC02090.JPG

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
I lost 2 crystal red shrimp in 24 hours for no apparent reason. Its really bugging me cuz I feel like the others could die without me even knowing whats up. I didn't have a cam at the time so no pics

LurkMcgurk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2009
tennessee
I didnt want to post on this thread yet but i have had 2 dalmation mollies, 1 gold molly, 1 black molly, a giant danio and a longfin gold danio die in the past day and half. I am super sad but i think i have got everything straightened out now. Hopefully. I will go crazy if i lose anymore. sorry no pics my wife wanted them buried, didnt give me time to get pics.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store