Trying a new waterproofing rubber!!

julsy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
indiana
iffrrat where did you end up ordering it from, im here in indiana also, didnt know if we could get a bulk deal or something, i also have a shipping dock it can be shipped to if they make it any cheaper that way.

andyjones99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
UK
Here in the UK ronseal have the license and you can gett 4.2 litres of the stuff from B&Q for about 30 quid.

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
julsy;3148005; said:
iffrrat where did you end up ordering it from, im here in indiana also, didnt know if we could get a bulk deal or something, i also have a shipping dock it can be shipped to if they make it any cheaper that way.
i ordered it direct from cali ... which was expensive .. and i am going to try to work a deal with the guy for the next batch ... i am even going to bring up the fact that i can order it from Canada and have it shipped in for cheaper then he is selling it :naughty:

my job is to save money so i know how to wheel and deal .. :p

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Iffrat;3148709; said:
i ordered it direct from cali ... which was expensive .. and i am going to try to work a deal with the guy for the next batch ... i am even going to bring up the fact that i can order it from Canada and have it shipped in for cheaper then he is selling it :naughty:

my job is to save money so i know how to wheel and deal .. :p
I can probably have a friend bring it back from Canada.......he works with me and visits there at least every other month.

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
rallysman;3148816; said:
I can probably have a friend bring it back from Canada.......he works with me and visits there at least every other month.
that always works as well :headbang2 where are you from in indiana?

AndrewMack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2007
Fleming Island FL
What is the price of sanitred?

AndrewMack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2007
Fleming Island FL
Well after a little research I found there are two parts to the sanitred one part is 100 the other is 85 and I'm not sure if that is plus shipping or not

joey02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2007
Canada
thekingofdiy.com
A question was asked about the rubbers feel on my other thread, and i felt it was also relevent to this thread, so i will also add the answer here....

It didnt change in texture or feel once submerged that i can tell, which is a good sign. I wouldnt say it is spongy, but its not hard like a plastic either. Between the two, i would say it is closer to a hockey puck, with some give. like silicone, but slightly harder. once cured it still reamins tacky for a while, but losses that within a week or so. Im not sure if it means its still cureing or not.

I did a test with this stuff befor the build started for a few reasons. One was to check if it would change colour once submerged like liguid rubber states. It didnt during the test of a couple of days, but now that it has been in the tank for a few days, it is starting to turn brown. i dont mind it at all, in fact, i think it looks great. Since i put mine one with a normal brush for one coat and left horrible looking brush strokes(or so i thought) and with the rubber turning a bit brown, it almost looks like tree back now. So i think it actually now looks like a nice background.

AndrewMack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2007
Fleming Island FL
How brown does it turn? Any pictures I am really wanting a black backround and I hear krylon fusion is fish safe after it cures

$INI$T3R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2008
Stuttgart Germany
AndrewMack;3149732; said:
How brown does it turn? Any pictures I am really wanting a black backround and I hear krylon fusion is fish safe after it cures
Try Pond armor http://www.pondarmor.com/ if you want it black!! Yeah the guys a permadri said it would turn brown after a few days submerged... But he told me it would be almost as dark as "DARK CHOCOLATE" on a candy bar... It that true? Joey what do you think?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store