Trying a new waterproofing rubber!!

Grog

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
Inverhuron, Ontario
The product used to seal the ponds over there is called G4 and is made by Bondaglass..."G4 pond paint is a moisture cured one component polyurethane which forms a non-porous,tough,durable but flexible seal." Different than the rubber but sounds intriguing as it's a one component application. They recommend it be applied over concrete, block and brick. Been wanting to try this stuff for a while now....

basslover34

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Montreal
Sounds like a interesting product for someone whom is building a concrete structure but honestly there are tons of sealers for that application, we show such interest in this one because of it's ability to be used on virtually all surfaces...Imagine having a cardboard tank :grinno:

Grog

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
Inverhuron, Ontario
I hear ya, scouzy might find it useful though because of the block he's using and it's sold over there. Hmmm, wonder if you could bulkhead a cardboard box....worth a try heehee. New thread- 300g. refridgerator Cardboard box tank and sump build, projected cost, $50...

scousy22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
uk
I looked into the g4 before i started really looking through this forum.

I wasnt sure if it was the right choice, but now that joeys using the rubber i'll see how he gets on and maybe do the same with that.

This forum is just a goldmine of information, especially as the guys in the states and canada arent afraid to do things on a larger scale.

You are all an inspiration, keep it up:)

scousy22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
uk
If cardboard tanks were an option, u guys would still have box inside box inside box :D

scousy22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
uk
Im still waiting on liquidrubber.gb to get back to me with a price and more info on the stuff.

I think its that good , they dont want to sell it:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store