Upcoming Movies and TV shows

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I totally agree with you. The Barbie movie was one of the worst films I've ever watched. Had to watch because of the wife and granddaughter.
Good for you for sharing the Barbie experience with the women in your life.....I already know I would have been out and snoring before the opening credits were done!

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
So, you actually watched aquariums of the dead...in french!!!! The spectacle is bad enough, but the script is even worse. It's shocking on the eyes and ears! Double brain pain, lol.

Yet you managed to relieve some of that pain by watching it in french. My hat goes off to you. Why didn't I think of watching it in a language which I don't fully understand or struggle with......oh wait.....I did.....English!!! Lol.
Well, in my defense...there was beer involved here. My wife had lost interest and left the room before I found that flick; Duke and I sat watching an English-language film dubbed into French with French subtitles. After a couple beers, it was almost dizzying to try reading lips and coordinating it with my high-school French to get the jist of the dialogue.

Once I gave up on thinking, I just started laughing...and guffawing...and howling, until she came back into the room to see what was up.

"Whatcha watchin'?"

"Oh my god...hahahahahahaha....it's a movie about zombie fish...heeheeheeheeheehee..."

She looked at me...and at the screen...and back at me...and the screen...and just left the room muttering....which I, of course, found hilarious at this point...well, you get the idea. :)

Duke loved it! :)

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
So Duke had a few beers too to numb the pain? Wise dog, lol.
While Duke does indeed love beer...he always gets to lick the last teaspoon or so out of the glass when I'm done...he really seems to enjoy being around happy laughing people...especially me! :)

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I don't know about you lot but just lately, for the past few months really, I've been really struggling to find a worthwhile series or decent film to watch. I find myself channel flicking more and more. Once over I used to have loads of box sets on the go to get my teeth into.

It's been getting that bad that I recently went back and rewatched a classic series from the past, Breaking Bad. I've also revisited classic favourites films of mine too.

I've watched literally hundreds of box set series over the years and hundreds of films too.

I have terrestrial TV, SKY, Netflix and Prime at my disposal. I'm either becoming very fussy in my middle aged years or the quality of productions is going down somewhat.

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
...I have terrestrial TV, SKY, Netflix and Prime at my disposal. I'm either becoming very fussy in my middle aged years or the quality of productions is going down somewhat.
Or...maybe you just watch too dang much TV and have seen everything that is available? :)

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
We went to see Alien Romulus yesterday,it was pretty good.

Reactions: ken31cay

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
We went to see Alien Romulus yesterday,it was pretty good.
It does look good actually, the last few werent very good IMO so it would be nice to see the franchise get beck on track
The series basically has 2 great movies, a few average ones and a few terrible ones.
Going back to my previous post about too many reboots, remakes and sequels I guess this film is part of the issue but i will probably go see it anyway.
Did you ever read the comics back in the 90s? There were some good ideas in them that would probably make the movies more entertaining, especially the ones where the xenomorphs made it to earth.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It does look good actually, the last few werent very good IMO so it would be nice to see the franchise get beck on track
The series basically has 2 great movies, a few average ones and a few terrible ones.
Going back to my previous post about too many reboots, remakes and sequels I guess this film is part of the issue but i will probably go see it anyway.
Did you ever read the comics back in the 90s? There were some good ideas in them that would probably make the movies more entertaining, especially the ones where the xenomorphs made it to earth.
No didn't read the comics,as far that goes I was only really into the Savage Sword of Conan black and white comic.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store