4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Hindsight is indeed a good thing.

Old English hind, from Germanic. Cognate with Dutch hinde, German Hinde, Danish hind.

Noun

hind (plural hinds)

A female deer, especially a red deer at least two years old.

The term comes from the thought that these deer had exceptional sight and that if we had seen things with that precise vision we could have avoided the obstacle.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Nah, the next monster I build like this is going to have a concrete floor with drains. There will be a 6 inch channel for the walls to fit in and be bolted to the concrete floor. It will be built to use dimensional lumber in the lengths it is available in. The walls will be solid wood. The filtration will be built-in and air powered. The coating will be sprayed on with commercial equipment.

greengiant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
British Columbia Canada
wow you haven't even got fish in this one and the next build is more than just a minor thought. when you starting it? good luck on the leak. how you pulling that last inch of water out of this beast?

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
nolapete;4216925; said:
Nah, the next monster I build like this is going to have a concrete floor with drains. There will be a 6 inch channel for the walls to fit in and be bolted to the concrete floor. It will be built to use dimensional lumber in the lengths it is available in. The walls will be solid wood. The filtration will be built-in and air powered. The coating will be sprayed on with commercial equipment.
Pete do you have these plans? I have a spot in my back yard that I can butt this tank up to the house. Basically one window of the house will be the viewing panel into this tank. Might even sink it into the ground a couple feet for temp control and added capacity below the viewing panel...........

Air powered filtration? Can you explain?

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I haven't drawn up plans for the next tank. It'll likely be in a couple years after we get married and buy another house. The tank will be more like a small lake with viewing windows housed in a large green house with fully operational aquaponics filtration. At the very least 20K gallons.

http://www.freshwaterstingray.nl/Frames Engels/English.html Here's the basis for the air powered filtration. My design is different in some ways, but the concept is the same. The 5 air lifts move 80,000 gallons per hour solely with air power. I'm planning on using this with the shark tank with 32 lifts on each side of the tank to move nearly 1M gallons per house with air.

vipervenom99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2010
Port St. Joe, FL
Just wanted to say great job, sorry about the leak. New to the site. I wanted to have a aquarium/pond around 2,000 gals, but my Insurance company said I would have to add Flood Coverage. Just asking but what has your Insurance company said about your build, that is if they even know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store