4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

greengiant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
British Columbia Canada
pete what did you use to get it so the floor was dry. pumps would take it down to about 1/4" but did you suck the rest up with a wet dry vac? and I guess you would have to pull out the EPDM so it would dry underneath.

familyman03

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
hey I havent finished reading the whole post I believe I am on 53. What did you decide to do for heating. If you havent yet a 100' coil of pex plugged in to your main water heater and then tied into the furthest bathroom (or any other line) and an inline check valve then recirculating pump on a thermostat in would sufficently heat the tank pm me if you have not got one already and i can draw it up.

Awsome build by the way

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
familyman03;4233704; said:
hey I havent finished reading the whole post I believe I am on 53. What did you decide to do for heating. If you havent yet a 100' coil of pex plugged in to your main water heater and then tied into the furthest bathroom (or any other line) and an inline check valve then recirculating pump on a thermostat in would sufficently heat the tank pm me if you have not got one already and i can draw it up.

Awsome build by the way
That's exactly what I'm doing. Thanks for confirming that I'm on the right track with it. I'd like to see your design. It might reveal something that I haven't thought of yet.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
My system is a lot simpler.

I'll be using a hot water recirculating system and a normally closed solenoid valve.

The hot water recirculating system connects to the washing machine hot/cold supply lines; this serves as an added benefit to get hot water to the washer fast. It allows the spent hot water to be sent back to the hot water heater via the cold water supply line.

The normally closed solenoid valve is connected to the thermostat in the tank. The solenoid valve acts as a faucet demanding hot water when the thermostat opens it. This allows the hot water to flow through the CPVC plumbing then through the PEX coil. The PEX coil is in the settling tank part of the filter, so there's a constant flow of water over the hot PEX before it enters the filter and returns to the tank.

I gave up on the tankless hot water heater idea due to costs involved.

The hot water recirculating system has everything I need, including pump, to move the water through the PEX and back to the cold line.

familyman03

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
I like that you know what you want. Your design will definantly work but be careful because it will also turn your cold water lines into temporary hot lines depending on you heater location. (you don't want a burn you lips getting a drink out of the faucet!!!Ouch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store