4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disturbed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2010
Nth Coast NSW Australia
kallmond;4211109; said:
This almost had to be. I'm sure you were expecting something minor like this. The good news is, its on the bottom, easy coating! Its a shame you can't get another color liquid rubber, lay that down and then paint the black back over it to give you some contrast. I think I read somewhere in post number twobajillionandthirty that you said it was fairly easy to tell where the fresh paint was.

It might be worth modifying your ladder too, attach the feet to 2x4's and glue some pond liner to the 2x4's to distribute weight, especially if you're leaning out over the small 'front' feet when you crawl in and out.
I think the best news about this leak is that it was not between the acrylic and the liquid rubber hopefully this resolves the bonding issues

I like the ladder idea

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I wouldn't even think of 4000 gal + here. Our water costs are outrageous, as well as out electricity!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
BadOleRoss;4215822; said:
I assume you are going to be removing the liner to apply additional LR to the bottom? Do you think it has adhered to the bottom and will be a problem to remove?
It barely sticks to it; sorta like velcro, when it's dry. When the Permadri is wet, the liner doesn't stick at all.

I'll be using to liner to walk on to avoid sticking to the bottom which is the reason I think I have this problem. The constant having to unstick my shoes from the floor coating.

surnimensis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2009
South Wales U.K.
Maybe when building the next monster some sort of scaffold could be erectted to hover over the floor and apply the coating without having to stand or put any pressure on the tanks floor. Heinsite is a wonderful thing! Hope this works out mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store