4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
It's seems to be all part of the process.

Silly question. When I was testing my fill I called the water company to find out the cost per gallon. When I found out it only cost $12 to fill my 1500 gallons I tested and re-tested over and over again and didn't feel guilty about wasting the water... So the silly question is...

How much does it cost to fill this beast?

And have you considered not filling all the way and hving som hanging plants above and a small waterfall or something?

Either way, congrats on making it to this stage. You WILL make it right, I know that feeling...

kallmond

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2009
Hanover, PA
This almost had to be. I'm sure you were expecting something minor like this. The good news is, its on the bottom, easy coating! Its a shame you can't get another color liquid rubber, lay that down and then paint the black back over it to give you some contrast. I think I read somewhere in post number twobajillionandthirty that you said it was fairly easy to tell where the fresh paint was.

It might be worth modifying your ladder too, attach the feet to 2x4's and glue some pond liner to the 2x4's to distribute weight, especially if you're leaning out over the small 'front' feet when you crawl in and out.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
TheFishGuy;4211059; said:

Silly question. When I was testing my fill I called the water company to find out the cost per gallon. When I found out it only cost $12 to fill my 1500 gallons I tested and re-tested over and over again and didn't feel guilty about wasting the water... So the silly question is...

And have you considered not filling all the way and hving som hanging plants above and a small waterfall or something?

Either way, congrats on making it to this stage. You WILL make it right, I know that feeling...
Water costs me $1 per 1000 gallons, so that fill test was under $4.

No, it's designed to be full. Not interested in partially filled tank at all. That just creates dirty acrylic that I constantly have to clean.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
TheFishGuy;4211059; said:

Damn your water is expensive! That would of cost me $2 here in Phoenix!

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Egon;4212633; said:
^^^^^^^^^ LOL yeah liquid rock, it's not water ;)
Yeah, out here on this giant limestone aquafir of ours, 8.0-8.2 tap water avalanches only cost us $00.002 per gallon for the first 600 cu feet....about $00.47 to fill a 225g from empty...
and $3.44 to fill a 1500

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Long night painting bedroom to get it ready for new roommate and earlier discovering my central air needs about $1400 worth of service. Guess it's time to learn how to service my AC. Evap coil and blower need cleaning. Just need to figure out how to get at the parts that needs cleaning without taking it out. Had some air supply leaks that I took care of already. Condensation drain needs replumbing too.

Pumped out all but about the last inch of water from the tank. Going to try to get it completely dry in the next couple days so I can work on the coating this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store