4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
One of the concerns I had with selecting a liner was that if I went with the smaller it would be too small and the larger would have too much excess that would be wasted. My super smart wife suggested that I use visquene to test the sizes to see which is appropriate. I'll be getting the visquene I need this weekend and doing a test with the smaller size (the one I think will work perfectly) to see if I'm correct.
see having a woman around can be handy, especially when dealing with something frustrating, they tend to see things from a different angle and fill in the gaps of what you miss. Hopefully the small one works out.

broncomaniac

Feeder Fish
Jun 23, 2011
usa
Pete, is there a reason you did not finger joint your corners? It appears that all of the walla have but joints when they might have been connected similarly to those of a log cabin.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Go back and look. The corners are box/finger joint just like a log cabin. They are not butt joints.

Finally bought the visquene. I was able to find 10' x 25' rolls, so all I have to do is join them and it'll be the size of the smaller liner.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
The weather wouldn't cooperate with me to be able to fold the plastic the way it should have been, but I promised I would get this done today and so I did.

I taped the two pieces of 10'x25' plastic together with duct tape on both sides then folded and balled up the whole thing to get it into the tank.

The 20' x 25' template idea that my wife thought up worked perfectly. The smaller liner size (20' x 25') will work. The dogleg corner will not be a problem at all.

With help to pre-fold and line up with registration marks, the liner installation will not be difficult at all.

The next step is to get with Ken and figure out and build the framing to secure the liner around the top and the frame around the window. All pieces will be coated with Permadri then secured with 3" deck screws and Dow 795 sealant. Every join where the frame contacts the liner will be caulked with Dow 795.

002sm.jpg005sm.jpg004sm.jpg007sm.jpg006sm.jpg008sm.jpg

006sm.jpg

007sm.jpg

004sm.jpg

002sm.jpg

008sm.jpg

005sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com