4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim2634

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
Central Ohio
Had to go to the emergency room Tuesday of last week for obstructed vision in my left eye. They call it an ocular occlusion and I've been playing guinea pig and pin cushion for the doctors as they run a bunch of tests to see if anything else is wrong with me.

Stay tuned. I should be getting the liner soon. The wife just bought 5 redfoot tortoises, so it'll be in the next few weeks before she can buy it.
Been quietly following this thread. Congrats on getting married and you're a lucky guy that she is into the hobby! Redfoot tortoises are cool so you'll have fun with them!

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
One of the really cool things about you pete is that you never give up. It's helped me keep my chin up trhough my own fish keeping woes (mostly financial). Hope your eye is doing better and that we get to see some pics of you swimming in the tank soon enough.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Not a lot has changed with my eye. My doctor has be doing and injection every two weeks. The medication seems to be helping the internal swelling subside which in turn has improved my vision some.

I'm still not driving or riding my bike and have been telecommuting for work. Fortunately, I have a job that I can do that. Stretching my work day out over the course of 24 hours, an hour or so here and there, instead of regular 8:30 - 5 has helped a lot. It allows me to rest my eye.

With all the medical bills, the tank seemed like it was going to be put off for quite a while. Then a friend called me tonight to tell me about the post about the free liner offer. I can't help but think someone up there likes me.

If this liner deal happens, expect to see the tank finished and filled shortly. I know it's been a long time coming, but that's the way life goes sometimes.

I'll try to get some pics of all the torts/turtles, dragons, and fish soon. I have about 800 red devil fry right now about to burst a 55 gallon drum. Our latest turtle addition is a diamondback terrapin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store