4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
You will fill the day with the little one from that day on :) Im happy for you and your girlfriend! I have bin thinking a little bit after building my own 1200g tank, and leaking issues i had. I still have a minor leak, but it is so small, i wont do anything about it as there is already fish in it. But i regret not doing 1 thing. It seems to me that 4-6mm steel is not that costy, so if i will have to repair mine one day, i will order 6mm steel sheats that fits perfectley outside the wood, put them in, get a steel worker to put it all together(they do it fast), and there will be no room for failure.. To me that seems like the cheapest option aswell. I dont know about steel prices over there?

Wish you the best of luck with the progress and the little kiddo :)

Best regards Tor Erik

coolkeith

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2005
Detroit
What an awesome build. This tank would be perfect for me as a mangrove paludarium for anableps, archerfish, and mudskippers. I could grow awesome tall plants, bamboo, and even trees in that tank. Have an island paradise for small reptiles also. So many possibilities. I wouldn't even think about filling it to the top with water. It just needs 12 - 18" of water for the best plant growth.

What an awesome build. This tank would be perfect for me as a mangrove paludarium for anableps, archerfish, and mudskippers. I could grow awesome tall plants, bamboo, and even trees in that tank. Have an island paradise for small reptiles also. So many possibilities. I wouldn't even think about filling it to the top with water. It just needs 12 - 18" of water for the best plant growth.
I agree with this. I would have a waterfall and plants above the surface, and perhaps a giant tree stump with roots. But id have more water in there 3-6 feet. It would be an amazonian type set up I think.

ronin220

Feeder Fish
Nov 9, 2011
Bradford, Vermont
Hello Pete, wow what a setup u have there im so excited to see this completed, and will be checking in often to see how u and the family are doing. congrats on the Baby coming soon. i have much respect for u with all the ups and downs and your still going strong. great thread you have here and good luck on its completion. best wishes to you and your family.

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
Wow, This is amazing Pete, Congratulations on the kid and wedding.

I too cant wait to see this done, I pulled an overnighter to read this whole thing, when my girlfriend saw why I didn't go out I almost got a slap but its will worth it, just so amazing.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store