Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
She ought to make a big deal out of this just like other customers who were refused service at other restaruants did.....causing the ruination of their business.But I suspect that she'll take the high road and simply let it go.
Sometimes to get progress ya got to make a scene, else wise we lose our freedoms piece by piece.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
She ought to make a big deal out of this just like other customers who were refused service at other restaruants did.....causing the ruination of their business.But I suspect that she'll take the high road and simply let it go.
Sometimes to get progress ya got to make a scene, else wise we lose our freedoms piece by piece.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Lol, I'm doing the cooking much more often these days, and that's how I've been getting it done also lol!
we stopped cooking for them, waist of money. "going to be home for dinner? yes" dinner time, sorry not going to be home for dinner. "whats for dinner?" chicken malaysian" I aint going to eat that. whats for dinner. chicken mole with beans and rise. I am not eating that.
whats for dinner, roasted pork with long grain rice and salad. I am not eating that.

so we no longer cook for them, I have a few cases upstairs of top roman, enjoy.

we no longer cooking for you.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; What I hear is Sara Sanders left quietly. Don't know enough about the incident yet to make a serious evaluation.

Hello; On the teaching English to non English speaking people my guess is the hard part is finding someone who is fluent enough in English and at least one other language. My guess is there may be more than just Spanish speaking students involved.
The money for these programs and the extra classroom space likely is the next big hurdle. The school systems I am familiar with are funded by local property taxes to a large degree. There will be some federal and maybe some state funds available but these are sometimes dedicated to particular programs such as school lunch.

For legal immigrants I am not upset about such specialty classes. After all a legal immigrant has applied in some way for entrance and at some point we have decided to let them in. I guess in a perfect world the immigrant families would take this burden on them selves but anymore our society tends to create more and more social programs.

A real problem seems to be all the illegal aliens. It is not clear to me but best as I can tell some bureaucrat or maybe a judge has decided that illegal children need to be in school.

As a public school teacher I was sometimes handed assignments for which I had no training. I guess the theory was "Hey we need someone to do this thing that the bureaucrats dumped on us and hey the teachers are already in place. Let the teachers do it.
I recall one year all the teachers had to attend a meeting. Some state paper pusher had decided students needed some career education. I was trained in Biology and Physical Science and not in career ed. During the only meeting/training session we teachers had we were handed some Xeroxed papers. When we asked about a text we were told to come up with materials on our own. So for the next term I had a separate daily preparation in addition to all my regular classes and without any materials. Not saying the English language classes are fubar, but.

Maybe one thing I don't understand is why teach English to people we should be deporting anyway? This concept to me is very strange. Makes me think there is a intention afoot to NOT deport all these illegals. Feed them, give them some hygene facilities, some short term medical care and such. Keep them secure and deport them as soon as is possible.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hello; What I hear is Sara Sanders left quietly. Don't know enough about the incident yet to make a serious evaluation.
Here we go;...from Heavy.com.Stephanie Wilkinson,who owns The Red Hen in Lexington,Virginia asked Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave the restaurant on Friday night.An employee stated that they served Sanders for two minutes before Wilkinson approached and asked Sanders to leave because Sander's moral decisions conflicted with her own."My employer threw her out because she didn't want the mouthpiece of Trump to eat in her restaurant"...only Sanders was asked to leave and those who were with her left as well .

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Wilkinson approached and asked Sanders to leave because Sander's moral decisions conflicted with her own."My employer threw her out because she didn't want the mouthpiece of Trump to eat in her restaurant"..
Hello; As far as I know Sanders just comes out and reports what she understands the administration position to be. I am not aware that she makes any decisions on her own. I guess she must jaw with the principals to some degree so as to have a good enough understanding.
Odds of my being in Lexington VA are slim but if I ever am I will not eat at the Red Hen.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hello; As far as I know Sanders just comes out and reports what she understands the administration position to be. I am not aware that she makes any decisions on her own. I guess she must jaw with the principals to some degree so as to have a good enough understanding.
Odds of my being in Lexington VA are slim but if I ever am I will not eat at the Red Hen.
Same here and I have heard that the eatery has been getting creamed on social media......just look at what some hacker has done with their on line menu!
red-hen-menu.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store