4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxjester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Toledo, OH
Are any of the broken plastic handle pieces a concern? Are any of them sizeable enough to cause problems? It would seem to me that they are an issue due to the possibility of them being moved or caught on something producing a tear in the pond coat?

dadsoldtruck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2009
Richlands, NC
I can not Wait for this build to be done! It is going to be awesome, and it's really inspiring me to beg my husband for my own plywood tank for my stingrays. They need more space and I need a project (not that my kid and new house isn't enough). I can't wait to see more pics.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Spent most of the day outside. Checked on my 17 $1 silver dollars that are in quarantine. All looking good. Lost one small F1 festae (from pair in my avatar that I sold). I think it's about time to separate them by size. Just need to figure out where to put them. Lost one of my festivum. Floating with eyes gone and partially gnawed on. Who knows what happened there. Might be spawning aggression. A friend I gave some too said his spawned after he let them play pacman with about 100 female guppies he had.

Received a box of fancy snails; briggs and some others I think, from a friend is Mississippi. Hope they're as nice as the purple-striped and ivories she sent me before are. Haven't opened the box yet.

Herichthys sp. turquoise that was near death is still resting on its side, but notably improved. There's definite courting activity in the Herichthys sp. turquoise 90 gallon. They've started abusing the other two. I'm going to move the the extras to the 210 tonight.

I cleaned my bbq grill; well mostly. That thing was filthy.

Painted the seven remaining sheets of bead board for the ceiling with the Barn & Fence paint. OMG, that was so much harder than applying the Rubber Coat.

Texted back and forth with my niece. She told me she's graduating from college in December. Sooooo proud of that girl. She's amazing. Her degree will be in Healthcare Administration. Glad I pushed her to go away to school.

Got the lawn mower started one time. Succeeded in breaking the pull cord trying to start it again after I finished painting.

Tried to get a little sun with my shirt off. Put it back on about 30 minutes later. Hoping I didn't roast this ghostly white flesh of mine. I make pale look tan.

Well, time to unpack the snails then get a shower and something to eat before I get after today's coat application on the tank. The plan is one a day through wednesday then try to get two a day Thursday through Sunday. That may be a stretch since I have a lot going on right now.

Loved my first real day of vacation even though I didn't leave the house.

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
I'll get anxious when I have three hoses going filling it up.
Should talk to the fire department and see if they need to flush any mains near your house. Would be faster and the water would be free.:)

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Chaz88;4003654; said:
Should talk to the fire department and see if they need to flush any mains near your house. Would be faster and the water would be free.:)
I don't want fast. I'm filling to below the window (about 18") then letting it sit for a day. If that's all good, I'm going to fill it a foot every 12 hours until done.

I plan to have one of the filters up and running with all six drains going into the one settling tank with the Crystal Pond pump I bought from necroanis running it.

A friend has some pumps that I can borrow, but I may not use them because I don't want a huge electric bill from inefficient energy monsters.

They Crystal Pond pump draws about as much energy as two Hammerheads. I've decided to go with regular 3 year warranty pumps instead of the 5 year warranty ones. I know the Baldor motor is better, but $130+ a pump more x 4 is a bit much at one time. In 3 years if I decide to keep using the Hammerheads, I'll upgrade them to the Golds as they fail out of warranty.

I need to find a hot water recirculating system that works off of a thermostat rather than a timer. I've read they exist, but haven't found one yet. If you know of one, let me know.

I need a thermostat with submersible probe for the tank to control the normally closed solenoid on the PEX/CPVC loop. Find me one please someone.

Other than that, I'm good. Those are the only pieces I'm missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store