4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The1and only

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
San Diego
the ready temp is actually a closed loop system. It is on a timer that you set to run the hot water through the ready temp thing then is sends the water back through the cold water line. So your cold line is a two way street. To me it is a closed loop because no water is wasted.

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
The1and only;4014835; said:
the ready temp is actually a closed loop system. It is on a timer that you set to run the hot water through the ready temp thing then is sends the water back through the cold water line. So your cold line is a two way street. To me it is a closed loop because no water is wasted.
That's an incorrect assessment. Closed loop in recirculating system terms means that there is a dedicated hot water return back to the hot water heater while an open loop flows back through the cold water line.

The terminology for recirculating systems is not the same as aquarium filtration systems. You might want to do a little reading next time.

The ready temp does indeed have a timer like almost every other recirculating system, but it also has a motion sensor and demand now bypass button.

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
THere's a much much simpler way to have an automatic water changer... Put a drain line in your sump tank and run a water supply to the top of the tank, turn the supply on to a drip and you're done... My tank stays crystal clear... about 60 gallons a day gets changed... I'm a big big fan of the kiss method... The more BS you add the more problems you'll have....

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
TheFishGuy;4017722; said:
THere's a much much simpler way to have an automatic water changer... Put a drain line in your sump tank and run a water supply to the top of the tank, turn the supply on to a drip and you're done... My tank stays crystal clear... about 60 gallons a day gets changed... I'm a big big fan of the kiss method... The more BS you add the more problems you'll have....
I have the same EXACT system on all my tanks. I run the clean water into my tank, it overflows down to the sump and the extra water drains out of my sump overflow to my yard. Simple. My sump level is always the same, no need for floats turning the water on and off for evaporation. Also when my pumps turn off (power outages, feeding, maintenance) the extra water overflows out my sump to the back yard. When the pumps are turned back on the drip system slowly fills the sump to the original level. This is such a simple system to set up and maintain, I absolutely recommend it!

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
TheFishGuy;4019885; said:
I have the fortunate luck of having a floor drain, so mine drains to that... During the summer months I can water the flower beds byt turning a valve and pumping water out of the tank to a garden hose.... My flowers and trees are the nicest in the village! LOL
LOL Think of it this way. I was going to water the plants anyway. I think of it as free water. Instead of just watering the plants I water the fish then the plants. :headbang2 Free water changes for life.

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
Pete, I've been thinking about this system of yours where it feeds cold water back to the water heater.... In this situation where you'd be using the hot water as a radiant heat source it will be very inefficient to pump cold water back to your water heater. In my system hot water is pumped back to the water heater thus the water heater doesn't have to work as hard.

I understand that when water first arrives to the water heater it's right off the main which is cold... So why make work so hard once again? You're water heater's going to be running constantly... It's like you'll be just turning the hot water on at your sink for a few minutes a day... There's the potential of it running often in a single day to keep that amount of water heated...

Unless of course I'm way off base here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store