4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kallmond

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2009
Hanover, PA
Grats pete! She's cute!

Is she your solution to the "I've fallen in the tank and I can't get out" problem? "Honey!! Toss me the ladder!"

rjackson82

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
Eglin AFB
Great read just spent 2 days reading this and neep more pics bad!!!! Wish wife would let me do this in the house we are trying to buy but she i could only keep dreaming.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Well, she LOVES aquariums!!! I had told someone on here who had a cool aquarium gf, that I'd want one like that. I definitely got way more than I asked for.

She's going to be helping me finish the tank. She likes doing that type of stuff.

She likes all kinds of animals just like I do and had some tortoises a while back that she was breeding and a fire belly toad for quite a long time.

Trying to get back on track with the coating. Sorry for lack of pictures. There's really not much to see since the last pics.

I'll try to get the window taped off and get a good coat on that area now the the front seal is back-filled. We opted to use regular silicone rather than Dow 795 to back-fill since it flows easier. All that seal is for is to cushion between the frame and the acrylic and keep it from moving forward. It's not part of the water seal.

The Permadri bonds extremely well to the acrylic, so none of the Dow 795 will come in contact with water and only serves as a backup seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store