4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan's Goldfish

Cloven-hoofed Sea Monkey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Carterton, Oxfordshire
Ouchy. Just don't drink through the pain to be able to carry on lik ei did, it creates leaks further down the line!

Hope it's better soon so you can carry on, i know how much injury delays suck!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I'll get the gf to snap a pic of my pseudo-Frankenstein finger tonight. I am surprised I don't have the usual throbbing/swelling of a deep cut. I guess that's the beauty of stitches. It hurts when I touch it, but other than that I don't have any pain. The injection site actually hurts more from the tetanus shot.

brianhellno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
USA
nolapete;4090873; said:
I'll get the gf to snap a pic of my pseudo-Frankenstein finger tonight. I am surprised I don't have the usual throbbing/swelling of a deep cut. I guess that's the beauty of stitches. It hurts when I touch it, but other than that I don't have any pain. The injection site actually hurts more from the tetanus shot.
When they gave my thumb stitches they had to give me three shots of some kind of numbing drug at various points in my thumb. Basically the doctor slid this thick needle under the skin and started rotating and pushing it around inside my thumb while injecting whatever was in it. It hurt much worse than when I injured myself. Did they do that to you?

Also he asked if I've ever received a tetanus shot in the last ten years. I asked, "What's a tetanus shot?" To which he replied, "You're about to find out."

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I hate tetanus shots, They do hurt. I think it is a ploy to try and make the pain of the injury go away :nilly:

That is the hazard of DIY. During my Tank project I have;
Sliced myself 3 times, Drilled one finger, Countless thumb hits with a hammer, and a splinter over the safety glasses into the eye. Luckily no trips to the ER.

Hope you heal fast Pete.

Bear

BadOleRoss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Virginia
john73738;4091089; said:
I hate tetanus shots, They do hurt. I think it is a ploy to try and make the pain of the injury go away :nilly:

That is the hazard of DIY. During my Tank project I have;
Sliced myself 3 times, Drilled one finger, Countless thumb hits with a hammer, and a splinter over the safety glasses into the eye. Luckily no trips to the ER.

Hope you heal fast Pete.

Bear
You might want to consider having someone build your tank for you!:ROFL:

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
brianhellno, they used Lidacaine to numb it. The doc squirted it all over the wound to start numbing it then he injected it in various places. Only a few sticks hurt, but weren't that bad. And yes, that tetanus shot hurts more now than my finger. Feels like someone hit me with a baseball bat on my arm.

coeus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2009
maryland
Chaz88;4090212; said:
Sorry to hear that. Hope you heal up fast. I have ignored that vice many times and have the scars to show for it. It is even worse when the voice doesn't speak up until you are half way through the action and it is to late to stop.
thats the worst, cause then you hesitate and your in the middle and get it worse

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
nolapete;4091330; said:
brianhellno, they used Lidacaine to numb it. The doc squirted it all over the wound to start numbing it then he injected it in various places. Only a few sticks hurt, but weren't that bad. And yes, that tetanus shot hurts more now than my finger. Feels like someone hit me with a baseball bat on my arm.
Man, I needed 9 different injections in my thumb to get it numb so the doc could work on it. At that point, that was a hell of a lot more painful than the injury was!

I didn't even remember I got a tetanus shot until about 3 days later, when the thumb had stopped hurting as much. Then I wondered why the heck my right arm was so sore...

Satan's Goldfish

Cloven-hoofed Sea Monkey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Carterton, Oxfordshire
nolapete;4090873; said:
It's not a build thread until there's a gory mangled finger shot;) Just don't tell the girlfriend you haven't got the normal throbbing/swelling........

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store