4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L~C~G

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
South Africa
nolapete;4090027; said:
I managed to send myself to the emergency room yesterday. Broke the 1/2" x 48"x18" glass I had covering a couple 55 gallon drums in the garage with the door. I reached out to try to stop it from getting broken when the door picked up the glass, but wasn't quick enough. The glass slammed down on the top of the drums, broke, and grabbed my right index finger leaving a nasty 1/2" deep angled gash. When I took the paper towel and ice off in triage an hour later it was still pouring blood, so that should give you an idea of how bad. 7 stitches and $100 copay later along with a tetanus shot, I'm a bit sore. Of course, it's on my right hand and they stuck me in my right arm. Uggh, f'n delays. The stupid part is that the little voice that says don't do that wasn't so little and I still ignored it.
I run a picture framing shop and here in South Africa we use real glass on all the frames, not plexi glass like you guys. Our first repsonse when somethings falls is to get the hell away from it.

A while back though I got into the habit of breaking somethings fall with my foot whenever something fell off a table until a 10 pound hammer fell off the table. :cry:

AquatiCreations

Feeder Fish
Apr 23, 2010
Florida
Just finished reading through the whole thread, and registered just so I could subscribe, and leave this comment.

Great work pete, I hope you heal up quick, and are back working on the tank soon!

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
nolapete;4100045; said:
Busy weekend with the gf. Finger is to the itchy stage of healing, so shouldn't be long before we're back on the tank. Hopefully, it'll be tonight.
Best of luck man ! Glad to see this really coming together.

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
WHO needs a finger! Get to work. . .

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Satan's Goldfish;4103602; said:
I hope you're really milking the sympathy vote from your girlfriend! At least then there's a very valid excuse for no progress:ROFL:
He did say he and the gf had "a very busy weekend", but no progress on the tank... :naughty:

I'm sure you're sick of everyone riding you like a racehorse, but we can see the finish line and can't wait to get there already!

Satan's Goldfish

Cloven-hoofed Sea Monkey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Carterton, Oxfordshire
Conner;4103754; said:
He did say he and the gf had "a very busy weekend", but no progress on the tank... :naughty:

I'm sure you're sick of everyone riding you like a racehorse, but we can see the finish line and can't wait to get there already!
I did spot that, it takes a lot for me to resist that kinda comment and not drop an innuendo. I bet there's one person he's not sick of riding him like a race horse though....

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Satan's Goldfish;4103897; said:
I did spot that, it takes a lot for me to resist that kinda comment and not drop an innuendo. I bet there's one person he's not sick of riding him like a race horse though....
:ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store