4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Just ordered 10 Uniseals from Aquatic Ecosystems for the 55 gallon drums. Waiting to see if anyone needs anything from Flexpvc.com then ordering bulkheads. If anyone is local to New Orleans and needs anything from Flexpvc.com, let me know so we can go in together to save on shipping.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I'll be using 4 Reeflo Hammerheads when everything is fully operational. 22K gph; which is the same ratio of gph to tank capacity that JohnPTC is using on his tank (based on the numbers he gave me in a PM. he may have increased it since then).

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
nolapete;4183046; said:
I'll be using 4 Reeflo Hammerheads when everything is fully operational. 22K gph; which is the same ratio of gph to tank capacity that JohnPTC is using on his tank (based on the numbers he gave me in a PM. he may have increased it since then).

Wow that's a lot of flow. I love the redundancy of 4 pumps! This build is planed great. I whish I could say "hey I suggested that" or "that was my idea" but I'm still happy just sitting back and absorbing this knowledge. Great over all design, I think this should be a sticky or article some day.

VLDesign

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2007
IL
Just an FYI. When I planned my tank I figured dual 3" drains was purely overkill and the 2nd 3" drain would be used only for backup. Turns out a single 3" drain (Gravity fed) cannot handle the single hammerhead I am using. So, I am glad I doubled my drains now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store