4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
The hot water recirculating system I was looking at has a built-in check valve, so no need to put an additional check valve.

A solenoid valve is necessary. It is what allows the water to flow through the PEX to heat the tank when the thermostat determines the tank needs to be heated. Without it there would be constant flow through the PEX and the tank would overheat.

I didn't put a floor drain because there would be no way to service the plumbing. It's not necessary since I can pump out all but 1/2" of water.

I will be putting mesh tape over the divot and coating over it until it is filled. I don't have to cut out the section and recommend that you don't either. Permadri bonds to itself very well.

dirtbikerider

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Louisiana
greengiant;4248785; said:
sounds great pete. keep it up you have the best project going on right now.
Agreed. I am following this build as well as his multiple builds out of his 90g... good stuff.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
No one really commented on the structure not budging at all. I know we didn't get to 4300 with the fill test, but 3700 is nothing to scoff at; even 3000 is pretty darn good. The 2x6 "lincoln logs" method is solid.

I'd think 2x4 would be sufficient on any tank under 2000 gallons. For the 2x4 tanks, I'd use a 2x4 window frame with 2x3 inset.

The gf is wanting to get the tank filled, so I may be able to get some work done on it tonight. We'll see how things go. There's always something going on that gets in the way of working on the tank lately. Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer. We might be able to shoot for another fill test on Sunday if we get things done in the next couple days.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
No one really commented on the structure not budging at all. I know we didn't get to 4300 with the fill test, but 3700 is nothing to scoff at; even 3000 is pretty darn good. The 2x6 "lincoln logs" method is solid.

I'd think 2x4 would be sufficient on any tank under 2000 gallons. For the 2x4 tanks, I'd use a 2x4 window frame with 2x3 inset.

The gf is wanting to get the tank filled, so I may be able to get some work done on it tonight. We'll see how things go. There's always something going on that gets in the way of working on the tank lately. Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer. We might be able to shoot for another fill test on Sunday if we get things done in the next couple days.

Disturbed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2010
Nth Coast NSW Australia
nolapete;4251267; said:

I don't think anyone doubted the integrity of your build

Disturbed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2010
Nth Coast NSW Australia
nolapete;4251267; said:

i don't think anyone one doubted the integrity of your build

Disturbed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2010
Nth Coast NSW Australia
Sorry Pete thought it must be double post day and I had to join in:ROFL:
Seriously though your construction method is basically laminating which is extremely strong (I have seen structural beams made in a similar way instead of from a single piece of timber) so I for one and not surprised that it held together

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store