4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHGeckos

Feeder Fish
Jul 7, 2010
New Hampshire
I've been following this since before I joined and all I can say is, WOW! I look forward to seeing it finished and I am going to keep Pond Coat in mind for my future projects!

Sub'd

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Apparently, the small leak started way before 3700 gallons. Test fill two left overnight with around 1300 gallons or so leaked at a very small rate. I suspect that because of that I didn't see it with the first test fill.

Unfortunately, I'll have to dry the tank out again. Until I can get my friends over to help me reverse the French doors, I won't be doing any more testing. I need to be able to see what is happening on that side of the tank to determine where the leak is coming from. If it was in the bottom, the amount of Rubber Coat I applied should have taken care of it.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Pete ! Its Taylor. I have been in the process of moving lately and unfortunately out of free time except to check this build. And let me tell you buddy. Your persistence and absolute awesome job on this build took HEART! You are one hell of a dude to see this through Congratulations man and best of luck.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
and then once you eliminate that much to be leak free, I guess all you can do it to fill it 1-2 inches at a time and let it set till you are for sure you have no leaks, then go another 1-2 inches, wait and see etc..

I feel for you Brother, but I have spent over a week, leak detecting, to find a pencil size hole in a 75 ton fish hold 1-2 inches at a time...
Problem I had, was the smallest of wakes in the harbor would rock the boat enough for the water, that was standing on a rib, to pour off, and I thought I had isolated the level of the leak, as it dumped into the bilge...What a headache...eventually I found it, and so will you...

Keep up the good work, it comes with all the pleasant things, you've had to do so far... :thumbsup:

Griller

Gambusia
MFK Member
Great work there Pete. I'm almost leaping out of my seat with excitement to see your tank up and running!!!

kallmond;4204776; said:
How many of these huge scale builds get started but never actually get finished?

Remember the guy with the giant cylindar tank? OR the guy with the shipping container? Or any of the 300, 400, 500, 700g plywood builds we've followed with great enthusiasm that the owner just never posted again?
Don't give up on me yet Kallmond - just got myself a big house with a great spot for a massive tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store