4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Turtleman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Michigan
I was actually referring to the sidewalls and the front "wall" (I see how the glass will sit), but I'll search for the first buiild thread. Thanks.

Super Turtleman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Michigan
Now I see it. That top right corner in the drawing is what I wasn't understanding in the pics. What's it for? Is there a wall there that forced that to be inset a little or is it for plumbing or something else?

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
so besides te aros, flagtails, and leporinus what are you planning on putting in here

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Super Turtleman;3573970; said:
Now I see it. That top right corner in the drawing is what I wasn't understanding in the pics. What's it for? Is there a wall there that forced that to be inset a little or is it for plumbing or something else?
The main support for the house is there, so I couldn't cut that out. I just jogged around it. The 2x6 frame with 2x4 inset for the acrylic viewing window is right up against the drywall for the dining room.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
ceeej31;3573972; said:
so besides te aros, flagtails, and leporinus what are you planning on putting in here
Primary inhabitants will be juvenile Arapaima gigas, but I'll have rays, various catfish, azul pbass, giant gouramis, and a bunch of other fish.

Initial stocking will be:
7 Herichthys sp. turquoise 'Cazones'
5 bocourti
4 silver arowanas
pair ports
5 clown loaches
3 botia modesta
leucistic giant gourami
chocolate cichlid
Acarichthys hecklii

My friend Jack has told me that I can pull fish from his 2600 gallon tank to put in mine.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Hurm, well the liquid rubber Pond Coat is $693 for 15 gallons + shipping = $818. That is more than Pond Armor costs. I don't want to use Pond Armor though. That's why I was going with Blue Max. I know a lot of people including Rich and John have had success with it, but after the nightmares Monster Fish Rescue had getting a good seal, I decided against it.

15 gallons of Blue Max is $450 plus shipping by comparison and they recommend about 10 gallons for the coverage I need, so not really apples to apples and in actually less than half the cost of Pond Coat.

There's argument for each I guess. Going to think on the whole coating thing. I'm still not completely discounting the liner idea based on my friend's success with it.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Sorry if we'ver already been over this pete - I totally forget - did you not want to use polyester? I'm not sure it would be cheaper, but it might warrant a look-see. You're covering a pretty large area, I guess its gonna be expensive no matter what.

Can the blue max be pigmented?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store