4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rooski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2010
Pennsylvania
ronp327;4346672; said:
First off if you are going to do this i would think you would want to read more than the 1st page and the last 10.
But the answer to your question is Dow 795. the first suggestion to this is on page (5)...Good luck with your build and take pictures and post along the way.
Ive already done lots of research on this topic , but thanks for your concern . and after reading about the dow 795 i think ill go with it , on some other forums people have been saying that if the silicone isnt clear and has color added to it then that can be harmful to your fish , any info on that, and what color did you use?

thanks again.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Dow 795 is perfectly fish safe for both freshwater and saltwater. Anyone who says that about the silicone not being clear has not a clue of what they are talking about. It's the anti-mold/mildew additives that determine whether or not it is fish safe. The clueless persons who told you that obviously have never seen an Aqueon or Glasscages tank with black silicone. Dow 795 has been used by a friend of mine with a 2600 and 2200 gallon plywood/glass tank for many years. He also used it on his 107000 gallon shark tank for his restaurant.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Ok, so I had enough left in the open bucket to coat about a 14" section from the left of the acrylic all the way round to the right and then to about half way on the back. With what was left after that, I coated from half way on the right wall to about 1/3 the way on the right side of the acrylic all the way to the bottom. Ken's guess was that it was that corner giving us trouble, so I did that for his sake. I'm going to let it cure until Saturday morning then test fill it to 30" and see what happens.

If we still have a leak, I'm cracking open the partial 5 gallon bucket (think there's about 2 gallons in it) and coating everything, sides and bottom, from 30" down with all that is in the bucket.

If that doesn't work, I'm going to fill it to the top and drown myself...

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
nolapete;4348478; said:
Ok, so I had enough left in the open bucket to coat about a 14" section from the left of the acrylic all the way round to the right and then to about half way on the back. With what was left after that, I coated from half way on the right wall to about 1/3 the way on the right side of the acrylic all the way to the bottom. Ken's guess was that it was that corner giving us trouble, so I did that for his sake. I'm going to let it cure until Saturday morning then test fill it to 30" and see what happens.

If we still have a leak, I'm cracking open the partial 5 gallon bucket (think there's about 2 gallons in it) and coating everything, sides and bottom, from 30" down with all that is in the bucket.

Aaaahhhhhh Pete...
Hey this might not be the best time and all...
and I know you are gonna get this pesky leak fix really soon...

buuuuut,

I was just wodering if I might get that number from you?....
you know,
just in case...
You know that Beautiful Italian Lady friends' number?

Cause you know I'm lookin out for ya, Bro...:D :D :D :D :D

I just couldn't resist, My bad...:naughty:

I have full confidence that you'll be able to isolate that sukka soon...~Ben

Griller

Gambusia
MFK Member
nolapete;4348478; said:
I rekon I'd do the same :confused: :irked: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store