4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
kallmond;4369654; said:
See, there's the positive in this Pete.

Here in PA, if a dumb drunk text-messaging driver hits my truck and pushes it into a different car, the dumb drunk is responsible for my truck, but I'm liable for the damage to the 3rd party vehicle. Lucky for you your roommate wasn't home, that saved you $100's!
rough!

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
kallmond;4369654; said:

Here in PA, if a dumb drunk text-messaging driver hits my truck and pushes it into a different car, the dumb drunk is responsible for my truck, but I'm liable for the damage to the 3rd party vehicle. Lucky for you your roommate wasn't home, that saved you $100's!
Now that's a law I hope I don't vote for...

that's got to be the most ignorant way for making sure everybody has insurance there is...

bubbles123

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2009
Fort McMurray, Ab, Canada
zennzzo;4369889; said:
Now that's a law I hope I don't vote for...

that's got to be the most ignorant way for making sure everybody has insurance there is...
Another way for the lawyers to stick it to us. If I remember right, that's the way it is here too. If someone hits my car into another car, I would be liable for the damage to the 3rd vehicle, but my insurance would sue the person (their insurance company) responsible in the first place. 2 extra lawyers to get their cut.

I hope your luck improves soon Pete, I'm looking forward to seeing some pics with fish in that monster.

familyman03

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
just remember when things start to get you down, just look up and give the praise to God. Everything is in his hands. And out of this you get a new truck and a less time driving and more time to work on the tank lol ;-)

But hey I am rootin' for you pete woot woot

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
The original vehicle causing the accident is responsible for the damages. It isn't based on subsequent collisions especially when neither myself or my roommate would have been in our vehicles had he been home. PA is ignorant if that's how they do things.

In regard to getting a new truck, hah, that isn't going to happen. I'll be lucky if they don't end up totaling it, otherwise I'll pretty much have a little bit of money from them and not anywhere near enough to replace my old truck.

brianhellno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
USA
bubbles123;4370263; said:
Another way for the lawyers to stick it to us. If I remember right, that's the way it is here too. If someone hits my car into another car, I would be liable for the damage to the 3rd vehicle, but my insurance would sue the person (their insurance company) responsible in the first place. 2 extra lawyers to get their cut.

I hope your luck improves soon Pete, I'm looking forward to seeing some pics with fish in that monster.
kallmond said:

You mean that's an actual law in some states? I was in an accident where I got rear ended so hard it pushed me into the car in front of me at a red light. Once everything got sorted out a bit I was concerned because from what I used to believe I was going to be responsible for the damage of the car in front of me because my car hit it. Thankfully once the officer arrived he explained that when there is an accident the driver that caused the accident and all of the resulting damage is solely responsible for taking care of everything. After that I believed that the "if he hit me and I hit that guy its my fault for hitting that guy" scenario was just a myth until now. That's terrible.

Also Pete, it seems that you've been presented with challenges and adversity. I just wanted to say I believe you can finish this and there are countless others that are rooting for you and know you can get the job done. All you can do in these scenarios is keep pushing forward and know that if you do, eventually you will overcome and accomplish what you set out to do.

Also one last thought. I've followed this thread from the beginning but I may have forgot some details so forgive me if I'm wrong. While you applied the coatings I remember you doing it in walls/sections and doing the floor as its own section. Now I'm not sure if it would matter but my theory is since you applied it in sections there might be strange gaps in the membrane(s) and that water is pushing itself through and eventually finding the wood/floor. I also remember you saying you used a chemical to speed up the drying process (although to be honest I don't remember if you actually did this). I think since it solidified the coating faster it didn't give the new coatings a chance to adhere as well. My thoughts are that once you fill the tank higher the additional pressure might force these membranes apart that could originally hold and cause more leaks. The fix might be to apply one very thick coating (or several very light coatings) but this time applying it over the entire tank all at once to create one membrane that has no gaps.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
nolapete;4377771; said:
The original vehicle causing the accident is responsible for the damages. It isn't based on subsequent collisions especially when neither myself or my roommate would have been in our vehicles had he been home. PA is ignorant if that's how they do things.

In regard to getting a new truck, hah, that isn't going to happen. I'll be lucky if they don't end up totaling it, otherwise I'll pretty much have a little bit of money from them and not anywhere near enough to replace my old truck.
That really sux...sorry man...:(

Land Rover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2010
I must admid that I did not read the 187 ps of theats, but how is it going whit the projekt, will you show some pic´s when it is ready for fish?

Which fish are you planning to put in?

Regards
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store