4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
TRD_Power;4408777; said:
Something this great is worth the struggle, sir :) This will be one of the best builds ever seen once everything's up and running 100% I still say stock it with Goliath African Tiger fish ;) haha.
Yeah, I wonder if they school when smaller or just kill each other like Highlander; there can be only one?

keni

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
new york
hey pete how about some pics of the fish you have... or just some random pics...:nilly:need pics...:stingray::arapaimag:asianarow:Pikachu: oops that last one dosen't belong:ROFL:

Gervahlt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Asheville, NC
nolapete;4404198; said:
Few more days of curing then another test...
That was four days ago now. Is it full? :D

nolapete;4404198; said:
I doubt any imaging would work since the tank would have to be filled with water for the leak to occur. You'd have a solid wall of water on any image.
I think it would work if you did the imaging from the outside. You'd be showing the temp of the wood slowly changing to match the temp of the water. In the meantime, you'd show any leaks as the current temp of the water, not the wood.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Find the forum you want to post under and click the New Thread button about 1/4 the way down the page on the left.

Test fill didn't happen yet as I've been dealing with the car situation. I'm planning on test filling it after I go pick up a 90 gallon setup I found on CL for $100 :D

Gervahlt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Asheville, NC
Sweet find! I thought the 55g with stand, 2 filters, light, and heater I found for $75 was good, but a 90 for $100 is even better! Good luck with the fill!

highoctane500

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
U.K
hi, i just read through this mammoth thread and think this is awesome! keep up the good work and cant wait to see it working!!:)

Judon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2010
San Diego, CA.
oh. my. goodness.

I've just read this entire thread over the last three days and I can not believe how much drama this has been.

Hi Pete, congrats on the engagement and the familyman is right, put your new wife after God but before all else and everything will be fine. Sorry, to see the last few months have been so taxing on you..jeesshhhh.. Hope the vehicle thing gets sorted soon. Being without wheels sux.

Curious, whatever happened to the gar? Did your roommate ever catch anything else of interest out there?

I don't know if a thermal imaging camera would be precise enough to find the kinda seep that you're experiencing. I'm sure someone out there does have one that could, however getting access to it is another issue entirely. If you know anyone on the fire department it might be something to ask about though.. it wouldn't hurt to have it on hand next time you try a leak test. I'm sure that this next layer of Permadri is going to fix it. Absolutely sure of it, the universe isn't that cruel... :confused:

I figure this doesn't help you feel any better, but you and your project are an inspiration to alot of people out here and we hope nothing but the best for you. Also, I'm originally from near Lake Charles, La... Geaux SWLA!!

Till your next post!! :popcorn:

Oh yea.... Remember that monkey with the crossbow thats gonna keep the fish from jumping out?? I think I found him, but I have no idea how to get in touch with him... :D

1274191102846.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store