4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Why not just remove the french doors, close the hole in the wall, and build the tank up flush to the wall? Seems like it would make more sense in the long run.

Otherwise, looking good!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Conner;3584665; said:
Why not just remove the french doors, close the hole in the wall, and build the tank up flush to the wall? Seems like it would make more sense in the long run.

Otherwise, looking good!
Several reasons:

Impossible to match the siding currently on my house. The size I have is no longer manufactured. Had that problem when I rebuilt my garage post Katrina and had to go with the narrow in the same color. That would look retarded on the house since the rest is wide.

I like the way the french doors look on the front of my house. Would look retarded with nothing there.

It would be retarded to take them out because if I decide to sell my house I'd have to put them back in order to get the tank and acrylic out.

So, all in all, I'm not doing that because I think it's a retarded idea. :D
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

jjdsplace

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2007
uk
i think you like the word retarded too much lol

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
nolapete;3584995; said:
Several reasons:

Impossible to match the siding currently on my house. The size I have is no longer manufactured. Had that problem when I rebuilt my garage post Katrina and had to go with the narrow in the same color. That would look retarded on the house since the rest is wide.

I like the way the french doors look on the front of my house. Would look retarded with nothing there.

It would be retarded to take them out because if I decide to sell my house I'd have to put them back in order to get the tank and acrylic out.

So, all in all, I'm not doing that because I think it's a retarded idea. :D
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
That makes sense. And I agree, you like the word retarded a wee too much... :)

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Looking good man. Long time no check in for me. Looks like your really getting there quickly congrats.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
All kidding aside, I've been asked the very same question countless times, so I thought I'd give a funny response. The only other option I considered was putting in a rollup garage door, but opted not to. Sorta like this, but the kind that rolls up inside instead.

windtite008_000.jpg

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
nolapete;3585694; said:
All kidding aside, I've been asked the very same question countless times, so I thought I'd give a funny response. The only other option I considered was putting in a rollup garage door, but opted not to. Sorta like this, but the kind that rolls up inside instead.
Doesn't have quite the same finished look as a pair of french doors does. Otherwise it would've given great access to the back/side of the tank.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
nolapete;3585694; said:
Nah, that looks retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store