4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Mosquitoes also have a knack for finding your ear canal the exact moment you drift off to sleep. They then evaporate when the lights come on, only to re-coalesce in your nostril moments after the lights go back out.

sometimes I'm glad insects are only active for 5 months of the year here!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
The males make the zzzzzzzzz and the females stealthily bite the living f*** out of you. Isn't that the case with all females?

The 15th is too ambitious, so the fill date will remain unknown, and of course when you have plans life gets in the way. Ken is supposed to come over tonight to help, so hopefully we'll get a lot done. This weekend is my birthday and the annual empty the ponds event at my friend Jack's house, so I don't know how much I'll get done. I have to resist the temptation to bring a bunch of new fish home from his house.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Uggh, Ken's back is out, so it'll be Monday before he can come help. It's very slow going having to stop and start between gluing and screwing. I also have to be careful that I don't get ahead of myself and not screw down boards or put one board too many like I did tonight. It should go faster on the short boards now though. Those are obvious. This one was under front window and I went up one too high. No big deal, but could be a pain if I forget to screw down a board completely like the other day.

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
nolapete;3593549; said:
The males make the zzzzzzzzz and the females stealthily bite the living f*** out of you. Isn't that the case with all females?

The 15th is too ambitious, so the fill date will remain unknown, and of course when you have plans life gets in the way. Ken is supposed to come over tonight to help, so hopefully we'll get a lot done. This weekend is my birthday and the annual empty the ponds event at my friend Jack's house, so I don't know how much I'll get done. I have to resist the temptation to bring a bunch of new fish home from his house.
this "empty the ponds event" sounds pretty interesting, care to elaborate on it?

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
ceeej31;3597928; said:
this "empty the ponds event" sounds pretty interesting, care to elaborate on it?
He has two ponds outside his back door on the deck overlooking the lake that are about 10x16x3. He puts tropicals outside in the ponds to grow them out and in November we bring them back inside. There are tons of citrinellum out there and no telling what else. The citrinellum males look like someone surgically implanted a golf ball in their head. That's how big their nuchal hump is. We're usually pretty busy, but I'll try to take some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store