4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
sashimimaster;4578998; said:
Have you thought about Wetsuit at all? It looks very promising.

http://www.neptunecoatingscorp.com/ws1part.htm
I haven't, but it appears to be a copycat product of the Liquid Rubber product.

The issue is NOT the coating, but my application. Somewhere a void is being allowed. I can't find where it is, so I'm resolving it with a liner.

As I've said before, I wouldn't change my choice of coating if I had to do it over. I would change the 3/4 plywood to 1/2 plywood and hardi board.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Disturbed;4589772; said:
hello is anyone there

long time no post not going to mention the L word

Hope the absence means you are busy with plan B which was actually plan A ie the bigass liner

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Nope, no one is home. Until I get the money for the 25' x 30' liner, nothing more will be done with the tank.

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
nolapete;4594068; said:
As I've said before, I wouldn't change my choice of coating if I had to do it over. I would change the 3/4 plywood to 1/2 plywood and hardi board.
I am not questioning your decision, but why would you do that differently?
I have followed your build since your first thread.. the answer might have already been said, but I don't want to reread it all again :)

I am just wondering, since 3/4" plywood is significantly stronger than 1/2" plywood.. It doesn't seem like it would save that much money to go to 1/2"

In any event, good luck with your liner. You certainly deserve the Fates to smile on you, after all you've been through. All my projects take three times longer than expected, and I question whether it is worthwhile.. until they are finally done.

insanity0x1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2010
moundsville, WV
oh man, thats just awesome, awesome, awesome, great insperation :headbang2

i dont know if ill be going this size, but...maybe 2500 or so some day! :grinno: keep up the good work man!

familyman03

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
Keep up the good work pete we are all hoping for good results. best wishes and did I read you right that the liner was less than 500 dollars if so where are you getting it from

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
familyman03;4610011; said:
Keep up the good work pete we are all hoping for good results. best wishes and did I read you right that the liner was less than 500 dollars if so where are you getting it from
Best I found was $313 before shipping. Most places I've been finding are around $150 to ship. I'm still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store