4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
nolapete;4560135; said:
It just kills me that I didn't go with my first plan which was to have a liner. I'd have been done 9 months ago. It will be nice to have the Permadri as a backup.
I was going to say between the Permadri and a liner, no way in H-E-double-L this thing leaks!

Sorry to hear you couldn't figure out the Permadri leak problem. Its got to be frustrating as heck for you. At least this way you'll finally be able to get the tank filled and start being able to enjoy it.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
TheFishGuy;4560272; said:
Not a very good back up if it leaks...
Considering he can fill it up to 27" deep before it starts leaking, it should work fine as a back up. At least this way it should be somewhat contained long enough for him to discover a leak in the liner, rather than immediately starting to rot out the wood of the tank frame.

kamikaziechameleon

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
western hemisphere
Water itself won't rot things so fast, your looking at a year or so to see notible rot just from being wet, its humidity/evaporation and heat that when combined with water will cause the tank to fall appart. Why do you think that boats used to be made of wood? If its under 100 in there and you keep things moderately well ventilated you should be good.

ShroomMastap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
South Florida
wow! just went through 211 pages of posts!! Def an awesome build! will be subscribed!! Keep the pics and info commin hopefully you get the money/stuff you need to finish fixin it!! gl!

jcurrey90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
louisiana
nolapete;4557407; said:
No, I only sell Permadri. Blue Max looked promising, but they couldn't guarantee it would be fish safe.
hey pete,

I just finished building my 400 gallon. 8'x30''x33'' and I had decided to seal my tank with peradri pond coat. Then i read about you having problems with it....so now i'm kinda having doubts. Would you recommend using it? and if so we need to hook up so I can get some from you. I live on the westbank in gretna so i'm not very far.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store