4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Here's 3 of the 4 stages of putting the back frame together.

1) The 2x6s were attached with 3" and 2.5" deck screws. We had to rip the top board to make it provide the correct gap above the window. Other than that the cuts were just for length.

2) Window taped with painter's tape to keep the Rubber Coat and Dow 795 off of the window. I like the wide tape as it gives a better margin for error.

3) Six tubes of Dow 795 were used to fill the gap between the 2x6 and the window. The 2x6s were flush mounted against the plywood sheathing and overlapped the rubber gasket providing compression on it.

005sm.jpg

012.JPG

015.JPG

009.JPG

017.JPG

019.JPG

016.JPG

004sm.jpg

006.JPG

018.JPG

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Finished the first coat of Permadri Rubber Coat on the frame after taping up newspaper to cover the window. The Rubber Coat has kept very well being stored inside. After over a year of sitting close up the water separated from the other materials, but went back together rather easily with some stirring. I'd suggest having a drill powered paddle stirrer available for this task though. Two more coats then a week to cure then filling time.

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
Ah Pete, now we all know exactly what you have been up to :naughty:.
Well done and best of luck on both fronts mate :).

Hoop

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2009
Washington, D.C.
Glad to see the build coming back together...I know it is selfish but I have really really wanted to see this beast running for a long time :) Crossing fingers that we are on the home stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store