4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seraph

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2009
Glen Ellyn, IL
4 days of reading every word of every sentence of every post...wow!!! it was interesting reading the first page...then the last page and then seeing it all come together in the middle with a new gf to the weeding ("Webster's dictionary defines a wedding as removing weeds from one's garden" Homer Jay Simpson) and finishing up with a bun in the oven! Thanks for the glimpse into the life of an extraordinary man with extraordinary vision! Hopefully the liner won't be needed, but I would still love to donate to this epic build!

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
Wow hope this time your leaks are fixed. After all the time and money put in to this project this must of really tested you. I had planned to start my 1200g project this year but other things came up. My biggest concern was sealing the plexi to the wood. With all my reading on this forum not just your project I haven't found the best sure way yet. I had to look elsewhere for sealing plexiglass to a non-like materials. I searched how those pool people seal plexi windows in custom swimming pools and found they don't use any silicone but only to caulk the final edge after its already sealed. They use a stainless frame around the plexi seal it with rubber gaskets by compression. I've had this idea but wanted to see how exactly they did it. Most of these pool companies that install plexi windows will not show how they do it. But I did find one company that does.

Here's a back view of a frame I found used to seal plexi window. The frame is then covered and incased in cement so you don't see the frame when its completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store