4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rharvey1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2010
Calgary, AB
Pete, I have to put all the blame on you! Thanks to you and your thread here, I have just completed a 600 gallon build. I bought a new house and needed a larger tank for my Gars and was just going to buy one but since I was following this thread I felt I had to try to build my own; I just wish I had the time to use the liquid rubber as I only had a month to build. I will start a thread with pictures next week. But at the rate my Gars are growing, I too will need to move into a much larger tank so this thread will be my bible. You are an inspiration to us all, my friend.

Judon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2010
San Diego, CA.
long thread. ................
Is there an ending ..........

Amen.....

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
Hi Pete, you have got to post some pics as it has been so long I think we all have forgotten what this build looks like.

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
Ya Pete, post pics of that new window work u did bro

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Spent the last week sick with a nasty cold. Told my wife that this weekend I'm working on nothing but the tank.

There is indeed an end to this, but it's more along the lines of watching the LoTR trilogy than Gone In 60 Seconds.

When you really look at it, I only have about 2-3 months of actual work into this build. Life has just happened along the way. I wouldn't change anything about meeting my bride and getting married and don't apologize that she took precedence over this build. This thing with my eye that has impacted my life since July I had no control over. The cooler temperatures that delayed coating the tank and the initial error in communication on the acrylic were things I wish hadn't have happened.

I want this to be done if for no other reason that to shut the mouths of the "Are we there yet?" kids and prove to everyone that my original design ideas ended up being what worked. Everything with this build has gone full circle and come back to what I original planned to do from the beginning. The only thing that is different is that I used Permadri rather than putting a liner.

Had I gone with the liner the tank would have been done and you wouldn't have this saga to enjoy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store