4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
Im going to fiberglass my whole tank(only 1200gallon, but still).. Fiberglass reinforce the structure alot, and with plywood, i dont think thats a bad thing, since wood = live = crap can happen.. Its a hassle to put in as i understand it, but 1 crapy day putting it on is better then weeks of waiting and irritation.

Lgsasquatch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2010
Ft. Worth, Tx
Dang pete, was hoping to see the tank filled by now. sorry to her your bad news. (tank and fish) I'm waiting to see what works on your build, as far as sealing the plywood before i start my little 1000g build. I was leaning toward fiberglassing my tank. fiberglassing it isnt that hard just smells bad untill it dries. You do have the french doors in that room still. Those with a fan should keep the air moving enough. I would probably get rows of the fiberglass and hang it from the walls then mix the resin and brush it over the glass coating it really good. After the entire tank is covered you could use the rest of the rubber coating over the fiberglass. I am thinking of doing mine this way then before a rubber coating was added, installing my acrylic windows.

galabar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Great thread. Are you going to continue? Things look bleak at the moment, but the fiberglass idea might work. You should consider hiring someone to do it. A few extra dollars spent might relieve a lot of stress and get this project rolling. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store