4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johns

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2009
Santa Clarita California
No. I think she just went shopping! lol!
Don't judge. You have not been in My shoes.
All My tanks are in my garage. along with hd TV surround sound, refer, coach A/C etc.
Really do not want to hijack this thread

"If she read this forum she wouldn't be whining at him about bringing home fish or a fish tank now would she? "
Now that is funny!

bgcoop8784

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2009
Augusta GA
lol, i'd live in the garage and prolly never come out, now back to this huge monster tank that i can't wait to see finished. Making me want to start one.

larryluvfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2008
Summerville, SC
nolapete;3608639; said:
Sans wife = no wife

Even when I did have a wife, she didn't dictate what I could and could not do. If I ever get married again, that would still hold true. Get unwhipped is my advice or do like a whipped friend of mine does, find what she likes (in his case she likes expensive purses) and buy her off.
bgcoop8784;3608804; said:
I tried the whole buy her off thing with my g/f and some how every time i get a new fish or tank, we end up 2, only way i get a new one is if she does, works out well if you ask me.. great build so far.

That's right pete let um know what time it is. You spoil them early and they will try to rule later. Just grab your manhood and let her know who is the mn of the house. Plus make sure you pay the bills first or else keep your mouth close.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Here's the latest all glued and screwed together. You will see on the wall by the french doors that I made a change and have the boards going all the way to the front. I went ahead and used boards I already had cut, so that's why there's a few gaps over there. Nothing that will matter in any way though. You can see the spacing issue I'm dealing with on the front with the 2x6s and 1x6 (there's a piece of 1x10 in place, but you get the idea). I many need a piece of 1/8"-1/4" material between them to snug up the spacing.

See the nice empty areas in the laundry room where the wood pieces were stacked :p

PICT0004.JPG

PICT0005.JPG

PICT0006.JPG

PICT0008.JPG

PICT0009.JPG

PICT0002.JPG

PICT0003.JPG

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Thanks. It's never as fast as we want it to be, but it's been fun. I know it is over-built and a carpenter could do the same thing with less wood. I'd rather be safe than sorry trying to save a few bucks here and there. I think there's 30-35 lbs of 3" deck screws in it.

Bassinkorea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
South Korea
nolapete;3611829; said:
Thanks. It's never as fast as we want it to be, but it's been fun. I know it is over-built and a carpenter could do the same thing with less wood. I'd rather be safe than sorry trying to save a few bucks here and there. I think there's 30-35 lbs of 3" deck screws in it.
That's the exact feelings I had during my build......only my is over 10 times smaller :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store