4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozkar

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Nice. Unorthodox design that is really cool looking.

How solid does it feel so far? If you put your weight into it do you feel any slight movement, or is it like a brick wall? (I'm betting brick wall :))

Keep up the good work!
:popcorn:

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Great progress :popcorn::popcorn:

spiff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2007
midwest
Yeah, this is a cool build. I'm eager to see how you're going to interface to the window.

Also, those pieces that extend into the interior I presume will fasten to your floor?

Very interesting!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Ozkar;3613503; said:
Nice. Unorthodox design that is really cool looking.

How solid does it feel so far? If you put your weight into it do you feel any slight movement, or is it like a brick wall? (I'm betting brick wall :))

Keep up the good work!
:popcorn:
I'm a good 250. I can monkey hang off the side swinging back and forth and there's not even a whisper of a creak. I doubt any of the other builds under 10K could say that.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
spiff;3613621; said:
Yeah, this is a cool build. I'm eager to see how you're going to interface to the window.

Also, those pieces that extend into the interior I presume will fasten to your floor?

Very interesting!
The tabs you see will indeed tie into the floor framing once the acrylic is out of the way. I had to build around the 500 lb. window sitting in the middle of the floor.

The window interface is simple. Open a picture frame and look at how the glass fits inside it. That'll give you a good idea of my concept.

spiff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2007
midwest
The window interface is simple. Open a picture frame and look at how the glass fits inside it. That'll give you a good idea of my concept.[/QUOTE]

I understand the sealing theory, but what is going to take the horizontal pressure? Is the acrylic going to sit on your new interior wall your building now, leaving the frame in the wall to stay just a hole? Or is it going to sit in the frame in the wall and you're going to buttress it some how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store