4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kallmond

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2009
Hanover, PA
nolapete;3639914; said:
Waiting around looking at things, I discovered two spaces in the back wall below floor level that could work for fitting in 1" drains with minimal effort.
Again, as a way of making myself realize how big this is, a 1 inch drain would take over 7 hours to drain this tank.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
brianhellno;3639610; said:
I would call guiness and see if you could get a world record.
Pete's tank will be monumental, but AnythingFish has a larger plywood one at 8000gal.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
cvermeulen;3640052; said:
Pete's tank will be monumental, but AnythingFish has a larger plywood one at 8000gal.
that's commercial though :p

acrylic is up and primary seal around the 2" side is done. The front seal needs more and then the rear seal needs to be done eventually, so probably another case of dow 795 to be done.

pics and video in the next few days once my friend sends them to me

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Must feel odd to have it fully closed in now :p

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
It's very surreal. I have to assess everything and see what steps are next.

I'll go Monday at lunch and pick up another case of Dow 795 to finish off the front seal. I'm hoping to get some work done on the bottom tomorrow if the rain stops.

These seal will be like this |_| The seal on the 2" side of the acrylic is the primary seal. The back seal inside the tank will be covered with a frame coated with liquid rubber and liquid rubber over it and 1/2" on the acrylic.

The front seal is added assurance and cushions the forward thrust against the frame. The acrylic will definitely not be a leak concern.

My plan is to have liquid rubber and acrylic making the only contact with water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store