4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I have some other stuff I want to finish before next set of pics, so that there's notable progress.

I couldn't think of a better name for it, but wave guard sounded about right. It's just a 2x3 board around the entire inside top of the tank to help keep water from lapping over on to the top of the tank walls.

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
nolapete;3717785; said:
I have some other stuff I want to finish before next set of pics, so that there's notable progress.

I couldn't think of a better name for it, but wave guard sounded about right. It's just a 2x3 board around the entire inside top of the tank to help keep water from lapping over on to the top of the tank walls.
wave guard sounds good. or splash guard.

Accident

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2007
South Texas
Muni;3717846; said:
wave guard sounds good. or splash guard.
Anti-hydrolic energy barrier
Random fluidic event destablilizer
Mega Moisture reducing apex
Keep sh*t dry board :ROFL:

No I don't work for the Gub'ment. :irked:

!A

Can't wait for the new pix. Thanx for the postings.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Accident;3718681; said:
Anti-hydrolic energy barrier
Random fluidic event destablilizer
Mega Moisture reducing apex
Keep sh*t dry board :ROFL:

No I don't work for the Gub'ment. :irked:

!A

Can't wait for the new pix. Thanx for the postings.
Yeah, if you worked for the Gub'ment it would be:

AEB
RFED
MMRA
KSDB

kallmond

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2009
Hanover, PA
I hate to be all non technical, but instead of installing a Anti-hydrolic energy barrier or Random Fluidic Event Destablilizer, could you not have just called it a 4250 gallon tank and filled it 3" from the top?

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Today is the last work day for me for 2009, so I can't wait to get out of here today and get home to start working on finishing up the big tank. It's the downhill run from here with mostly little details to get done in preparation to seal the tank with Pond Coat. It's been nearly 10 months in the making since I first decided to convert the fish room with lots of roadblocks along the way. I actually see completion in sight! I promise progress pictures Christmas day.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday no matter how you celebrate it or if you choose not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store