4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
My biggest frustration is not having Pond Coat, especially as the peripheral stuff gets done in the room.

I want to replace the window A/C unit in that room with a heat pump, A/C, dehumidifier. Has to be 220 and hopefully not an arm and a leg. Anyone know of any that fit the bill?

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
nolapete;3840709; said:
I want to replace the window A/C unit in that room with a heat pump, A/C, dehumidifier. Has to be 220 and hopefully not an arm and a leg. Anyone know of any that fit the bill?
Ill ask around...how big is the room?

I was thinking about your big tank and wondering what you were going to do for decoration. Are you trying to keep it real empty or fill it with stuff? If your going to put stuff in it and was wanting some rocks but didnt want to have to buy a boulder maybe you could get those fake rocks people use to cover stuff in the yard like those phone/electrical boxs....know what im talking about? It would be big light weight and probably cheaper than a big ol boulder.

Not these in particular but this is what im talking about. You would have to attach them to something to keep them from floating but it might look really good in there.

http://exterior-accents.com/arro21.html

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I've already seen those and they are stupid expensive. I'm going to make my own once I figure out what material I want to use to cast them. Going to cast some logs. Maybe I'll just get some cypress knees and freak them all out.

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
Yeah they are pricy...but with some looking you might be able to find them for a reasonable price. You would only need a few to make it look good. Or go to that cypress guys place...looks like he has a ton of stuff.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Interesting development:

if u can build this tank im sure u can swap the dining room and living room around
To which I replied:

Haha! I may have to turn the dining room into a den and make the living room dual purpose living room/dining room.

The funny thing is that I'm seriously considering this.

I could get a projection TV and mount a screen above the viewing window. Double pocket doors on the kitchen side and a single pocket door on the foyer side then blackout curtains on the window. I think this could be an awesome room and it would be improvements on the house that wouldn't have to change if I sold my house. The room could be a dining room without any changes.

NOLAGT

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Louisiana
Where is the stuff coming from again...in TX?

edit....just looked and saw Dan in TX doesnt have any in stock. I was going to say im not to far from houston and have people that go there...I could have picked it up and got it to you maybe.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
NOLAGT;3848966; said:
Where is the stuff coming from again...in TX?

edit....just looked and saw Dan in TX doesnt have any in stock. I was going to say im not to far from houston and have people that go there...I could have picked it up and got it to you maybe.
It has to come from Permadri in California regardless of whether I get it direct from them or through Dan. He's in Georgetown, Tx north of Austin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store